[comp.sys.atari.st] STE Products

thompson@cis.ohio-state.edu (jeffery d thompson) (04/10/91)

Hello everyone. I was just wondering if someone in net land could send me
a list of any commercial products that use the STE's enhanced features,
other than Space Ace and Dragon's Lair 2. I am particularly interested in
digitizers and a game from England that uses all of the STE's features(it
had something to do with a dragon?). Anything else would be appreciated
as well. Thanks.
						Jeff
					thompson@cis.ohio-state.edu

Shervin.Shahrebani.Of.250/744@f744.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Shervin Shahrebani Of 250/744) (04/14/91)

Well, I just bought a Mega STE.  I know of TCB Tracker which is a 4 channel
stereo (uses STE DMA) sampler.  There is Quartet 1.5  There are some PD sound
file players.  There is Wrath of Death, Wrath of the Demon, I am not sure about
Future Wars, White Water something or rather and some other demos that are very
impressive.  Oh, Deluxe Paint uses the 4096 colour pallete, so does Atari's new
Hyperpaint 2.0, the Lexicor 4 graphics packages, some Tennis game of some sort
and many others that I don't remember now.

S.S.

hyc@hanauma.jpl.nasa.gov (Howard Chu) (04/18/91)

In article <671694059.2@egsgate.FidoNet.Org> Shervin.Shahrebani.Of.250/744@f744.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Shervin Shahrebani Of 250/744) writes:
>Well, I just bought a Mega STE.  I know of TCB Tracker which is a 4 channel
>stereo (uses STE DMA) sampler.  There is Quartet 1.5  There are some PD sound
>file players.  There is Wrath of Death, Wrath of the Demon, I am not sure about
>Future Wars, White Water something or rather and some other demos that are very
>impressive.  Oh, Deluxe Paint uses the 4096 colour pallete, so does Atari's new
>Hyperpaint 2.0, the Lexicor 4 graphics packages, some Tennis game of some sort
>and many others that I don't remember now.
>
>S.S.

Future Wars uses the enhanced palette and digitized sound. Unfortunately, the
sound data is recorded on the back side of the floppy disks. I don't know of a
way to install the game on a hard drive and still get the digitized sound.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA
	Disclaimer: How would I know, I just got here!

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (04/18/91)

Watch for TRAK_STE on comp.binaries....
FAR better sound than all other trackers, harddisk support, no trouble on my
MEGA STE....    About colors...  The new software for VIDI-ST video digitizer
used 4096 colors on STE's (specrum 512 with STE palett...)

 Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST