[comp.sys.atari.st] GCC139B.LZH =Bad upload??

weiner@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Jeff Weiner) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr18.172730.23594@lonex.radc.af.mil> longj@lonex.radc.af.mil (Jeffrey K. Long) writes:
>from atari.archive.umich.edu and each time, the lharcer croaks
>on the gcc-cc1.ttp files (bad checksum)

That's correct.  There is a corruptedfile.

>PLEASE, I am a very experienced netter, so I KNOW the problem is NOT
> the usual "stupid didn't set binary mode before he downloaded" type of error.

Nope.   Not your fault.  It's all mine.  I have a replacement copy,
and will put a "good" version out soon.

>HAS anyone else had this problem.  I need help ASAP, as I (stupidly) nuked
>my original gcc-cc1.ttp file in the process of unlhark'ing!!

Several hundred people have had this problem.  You're not alone.

>--
>Capt Jeff Long                         Rome Air Development Center
>longj@lonex.radc.af.mil                Network Design Laboratory
>jlong@cassiopeia.radc.af.mil           (315)330-7751 or (DSN)587-7751

weiner
--