[comp.sys.atari.st] LHA211 for Atari ?

cae@sdfvm1.vnet.ibm.com ("Cornelius Caesar") (04/19/91)

(Sorry if this is a duplicate)

For about a month now LHA v.2.11 (the successor to LHarc 1.13c) is available
as both .EXE and source code for MS-DOS.
Has somebody started a port to the ST already? Since a number of assembler
modules is involved I suspect it's not straight forward.

LHA211 gives about 10% (?) better compression ratios than LHarc113, is faster
(in decompressing), upward compatible, but needs more memory.

   Cornelius                                        cae@sdfvm1.vnet.ibm.com

csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) (04/19/91)

cae@sdfvm1.vnet.ibm.com ("Cornelius Caesar") writes:

>For about a month now LHA v.2.11 (the successor to LHarc 1.13c) is available
>as both .EXE and source code for MS-DOS.

Do you know where to ftp it?

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Piet Hein)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Claus Brod@wue.maus.de

csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) writes:
>cae@sdfvm1.vnet.ibm.com ("Cornelius Caesar") writes:
>>For about a month now LHA v.2.11 (the successor to LHarc 1.13c) is available
>>as both .EXE and source code for MS-DOS.
>
>Do you know where to ftp it?

I got my copy from aixpsb.rrz.uni-koeln.de (134.95.128.215), directory
/msdos/arcutils/lharc, exe as: lha211e.zip, src as: lha211sr.zip.

You can get a complete (?) list of available archives by using
archie@cs.mcgill.ca; this is an 'archive-archive' (mail based and
interactive server). Send mail with a line
      prog lha2
and it sends back all findings (available anonymous ftp files) containing
this string from its database. aixpsb is listed, too.
It seems to not contain atari.archive, though.

   Cornelius                                    cae@sdfvm1.vnet.ibm.com