[comp.sys.atari.st] <None>

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/23/89)

I have recently downloaded grail.arc from the PC7 archives at UMICH.  This
is part of the eamon games series - the HOLY GRAIL.  I am having difficulties
 solving the game.  If anyone can help, please e-mail me.

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca (04/02/89)

In article <1579@ubc-cs.UUCP>, fraga@tennents.cs.ubc.ca (Eric S Fraga) writes:

> A couple of short questions:
>
> - How usable is WP without a hard disc?  i.e. how big is WP and
> all the files needed at run time?

I run it on two disk drives with no problems.  It can be done on one, but two
is preferrable.

> - Does WP generate Postscript output?  I tend to print all my
> documents on Postscript printers at work instead of on my Gemini
> 10x.

You can use WP to hook up to a Posctscipt printer, but i am not sure whether
you can print ps to disk.

> - Does the ST version of WP understand ms-dos created WP files?

Yes.

> Reasons for questions:
>
> My girlfriend uses WP at work (on an AT compatible) for all her
> documents and we were thinking of getting an AT compatible for
> home this fall so that she could use WP at home.  However, for
> that amount of money, I could easily buy a hard disc drive and WP
> for the ST, if her files could be transfered to the ST and used
> there.

Sure, I xfer docs from school to home all the time.  As long as they are version
4.1 all is okay.  WP will tell you that it is not atari WP but just tel it load
it anyway.

Kevin-john Conway
...a librarian from hell...

University of Western Ontario
London Canada
"...deviants from the norm..."

"My ideas may be silly, but I'm not.  I'm positively skewed!"

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca
conway@uwovax.bitnet
kjc@uwovax.bitnet

4224_5132@uwovax.uwo.ca (Andrew Semple) (10/23/89)

In article <517@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov>, stailey@iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov (Ken Stailey) writes
> The only good FORTRAN is a dead FORTRAN.

Tell that to my professors...

Andrew Semple                               ads@uwovax.uwo.ca
2nd Year Applied Math/Computer Science      Andrew.Semple@uwovax.uwo.ca
The University of Western Ontario           Semple@uwovax.BITNET
London, Ontario
Canada

U8551049@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (11/15/89)

onders@raphael.ipl.rpi.edu (Timothy E. Onders) (05/08/90)

Subject: Re: C++ for the ST?
In article <492@seqp4.UUCP> markr@seqp4.UUCP (Mark Roddy,) writes:
>Yes there is. Tim Onders (onders@harvard.uucp) has
Although I would like to be going to harvard, I'm only at
	onders@ipl.rpi.edu

>made available the GNU port to the ST.
>
>An almost complete minimal system was uploaded to CIS :-$,
>(no gas Tim.) And I can testify that:
This has been corrected. :)

>In addition, Tim will real mail you the complete ST
>distribution of the GNU stuff for $35US. Contact him
>via e-mail for more information.
This includes shipping within the continental US.  Foreign orders may
cost more due to shipping charges, although I have already shipped one
off to Germany.

				-Tim Onders
				onders@ipl.rpi.edu
				brazil@pawl.rpi.edu

wbercik@ecst.csuchico.edu (William A Bercik) (11/07/90)

Does anyone have any information on the STacy portable. Is it out yet?
Does it work alright with the Mac Emulator, Spectre GCR, and can you
configure it so that it will have enough memory to run Multifinder, or
Think C in debug mode. This is about 2.5 Meg of Macintosh main memory
RAM.

                Any info would be gratefully appreciated

                 Bil Bercik
             (915) 896-1867

mg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Paul Greelish) (11/07/90)

Stacy has been out for ages. Spectre GCR works fine with it, I think the
only problem was getting the *HUGE* GCR cartridge into the Stacy
cartridge slot... I'm sure this has been solved by now.

I'm sure someone markets a memory expansion for the Stacy, and I think
Atari may/has/will come out with "Mega" Stacys-- i.e. 2 or 4 MB of RAM.

Actually, there's this guy here on campus who runs Spectre GCR on a
Stacy souped up to run @ 16 MHz-- he got GCR to run at that speed (so I
hear.) I don't know this guy personally, but given the fact that the
only more technical university than Carnegie Mellon is (possibly) MIT, I
don't doubt that this hacker guy has done it. I mean, people make their
own bipedal robots here for fun...

|\    /|
|  \/  |  ike Greelish
Carnegie-Mellon U. undergrad
quote: "CMU is as close to artificial reality as you can get in 1990."
stupid disclaimer: My opinions are dictated to me by a 23 year old
telepathic Chilean aardvark living in my closet.

rrd@hpfcso.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (11/08/90)

> Does anyone have any information on the STacy portable. Is it out yet?
> Does it work alright with the Mac Emulator, Spectre GCR,

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:  STacy has been out for a while.  And
Dave Small was showing it off with his Spectre GCR as a poor man's answer
to the Mac Portable.

>  and can you
> configure it so that it will have enough memory to run Multifinder, or
> Think C in debug mode. This is about 2.5 Meg of Macintosh main memory
> RAM.

I can't answer this one.  Somebody else?

>                 Bil Bercik

----------
Regards
Ray Depew
IC's by Bill and Dave
rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (11/08/90)

mg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Paul Greelish) writes:

- I'm sure someone markets a memory expansion for the Stacy, and I
- think Atari may/has/will come out with "Mega" Stacys-- i.e. 2 or 4
- MB of RAM.

There are already two- and four-meg versions of the Stacy.  However,
JRI also have developed a RAM upgrade for it.  I don't know anymore
about it, except that it may use SIMMs.

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

iho@cac.washington.edu (Il Oh) (11/09/90)

In article <wbC2pHy00VIEM94FxJ@andrew.cmu.edu> mg20+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Paul Greelish) writes:
>Stacy has been out for ages. Spectre GCR works fine with it, I think the
>only problem was getting the *HUGE* GCR cartridge into the Stacy
>cartridge slot... I'm sure this has been solved by now.

I was under the impression that STacy still only had a Class A cirtification
from FCC, meaning you can't buy it for home use.  I've been out of it for a
while, so it could have been cirtified Class B.  I don't know.
--
  "Gosh!  You've really got          |    Il Hwan Oh
     some nice toys in here."        |    University of Washington, Tacoma

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (11/09/90)

iho@cac.washington.edu (Il Oh) writes:

- I was under the impression that STacy still only had a Class A
- cirtification from FCC, meaning you can't buy it for home use.  I've
- been out of it for a while, so it could have been cirtified Class
- B.  I don't know.

You're right.  It's still certified Class A.  You can buy it from any
dealer that sells them; just don't tell the FCC you're going to use
it at home.  They probably still won't care.

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

cadp15@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (11/28/90)

When Gemini 1.2 is release is there any chance of the icon editor being
released also as there are some icons I want to edit/create...
                     ___
 _____              /
   |   |__   __    /___  ___  ___  ___ ___  ___  ___  ___
   |   |  | |__|      / /  / /  / /   /__/ /  / /__/ /  /
   |   |  | |__   ___/ /__/ /    /__ /__  /    /__  /

            is 'Only visiting this planet.'

   (cadx862 @ uk.ac.strathclyde.computer-centre-sun)
    (rmacgreg @ uk.ac.strathclyde.computer-science)
           (cadp15 @ uk.ac.strathclyde.vaxb)

grx1211@uoft02.utoledo.edu (01/15/91)

In article <1991Jan14.062547.17243@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, ia4@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Imran Anwar) writes:
> This is just a personal opinion and expression of thanks...to everyone associ-
> ated with the net.  The people who make it possible, the people who manage it,
> and all out there who respond to others' questions.
>
> I have no hesitation in saying that this net is worth a million bucks to me.
> Thanks to EVERYONE who responds to questions, offers suggestions, and even
> gives opinions.
>
> Big Brother stands no chance if this "brotherhood" of the net stays active!
>
> Imran Anwar

   WHAT AN EMOTIONAL LOOSE SCREW

dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (04/18/91)

	Does anyone out there user the ACER Multisynch Monitor on thier ST?  I
am considering purchasing one and selling off my SC1224.  Or does anyone
use any other multisynch monitor that will runn all three resolutions?

  Thanks
  Mark Santora
  dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu

/------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
l									      l
l	If money can't buy happiness, why do all dates start at the           l
l	   money machine?						      l
l									      l
l		Why ask Why?						      l
\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr18.121843.9103@umiami.ir.miami.edu> dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu writes:

>	Does anyone out there user the ACER Multisynch Monitor on thier ST?  I
>am considering purchasing one and selling off my SC1224.  Or does anyone
>use any other multisynch monitor that will runn all three resolutions?

I've seen the ACER on an ST and I thought it was pretty bad; not even worth
considering.  You'd be better off with an Atari monochrome and color monitor.
There are other multisyncs which are better.  When I was looking for
multisyncs, I compiled a bunch of info about them.  You can find this info
at atari.archive under the filename multsync.lzh.  I have an NEC 3D, but there
are other multisyncs which are comparible.  There's certain guidelines the
multisync must adhere to in order to work on the ST in all modes.