[comp.sys.atari.st] PD C compiler?

aa400@PWS.BULL.COM (Marc A. Lombardo) (04/20/91)

Is there a public domain/shareware C editor/complier available for the ST? If
possible, I would like to get it via FTP through the atari.archive.  Also, is
there a pd assembler for the ST? (I would like to have a dissassebler too..)

Also, if you are an assembly guru, and could give me a little help with
assembly (or C) please mail me.  I could use a little help once in a while,
maybe some sample pieces of code, etc..

Thanks in advance.

--
Marc A. Lombardo                                 User Address:aa400   ~ ~ ~
/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/--/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-   ~ ~ ~

lsmichae@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Lars Michael) (04/20/91)

samsung!cleveland.Freenet.Edu!aa400@PWS.BULL.COM (Marc A. Lombardo) writes:

>Is there a public domain/shareware C editor/complier available for the ST? If
>possible, I would like to get it via FTP through the atari.archive.  Also, is
>there a pd assembler for the ST? (I would like to have a dissassebler too..)
>
> [ ... Stuff deleted]

At atari.archive you can get Sozobon C or even better I
think GNU C. Both are PD or Shareware, but some PD-game
sources are yes fine to compile with GNU C. Both have
assembler, both have a 'make', both are shell versions,
both have a -O (optimize) option. But GNU C has an ANSI C
option.

As an editor you may use the vi or the GNU emacs.

Hope this helps

								Lars

|     lsmichae@faui43.uni-erlangen.de    |    | | |                         |
|             Lars Michael               |    | | |   "Down with ATARI,     |
|  Graduate Student of Computer Science  |   /  |  \  Long live the ST !"   |
|    at University of Erlangen/Germany   |  /   |   \                       |
|  "May the Schwartz be with you!"                                          |

---

								Lars