[comp.sys.atari.st] Looking for a good spreadsheet program!

close@lunch.wpd.sgi.com (Diane Barlow Close) (04/19/91)

I need a good, but preferably not complicated, spreadsheet program.  I
currently use A-calc Prime and I'm finding it's no longer flexible enough
to handle bookkeeping entries for my business and tax forms.  I'd like a
more powerful program, yet I'm trying to stay with something ``mousey'' and
easy to use.  Would LDW Power fit this description or is there something
better for me out there?

Also, does anyone produce a program similar to the PC's Turbo Tax for the
ST?  Or any income tax software for the ST?  Even pre-made spreadsheets
would be nice.  Suggestions anyone?
--
Diane Barlow Close
	close@lunch.wpd.sgi.com

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr19.011406.7050@dragon.wpd.sgi.com>, close@lunch.wpd.sgi.com (Diane Barlow Close) writes:
>I need a good, but preferably not complicated, spreadsheet program.  I

I understand Opus has a cult following.  It is a shareware product, demo is
available from atari.archive.
--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "It's amazing how much growing up

pdel@ADS.COM (Peter Delevoryas) (04/19/91)

>I understand Opus has a cult following.

If it does, and there are any of you out there, I need help setting it up.
There was a guy in Texas who was going to send me a configured assign.sys
file -(if you're in the process, great, I mailed you but don't know if it
got to you)
I also tried to e-mail the author on Compuserve (twice) but so far have not
heard a thing.
So if anyone feels charitable I'd sure appreciate it. I have G+Plus, so
don't need GDOG, but am in need of (I think) a printer driver for my
epson compatible (Citizen GSX-140 w/color ribbon).

BTW - does anyone know of a printer driver or some kind of configure
program for this printer? Citizen gives you one for an IBM computer- wish
there was an ST version.

thanks for any help

--

 login name:   L1-A
 In real life: Peter Delevoryas

ralph@laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr19.001108.7898@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) writes:

|  I understand Opus has a cult following.  It is a shareware product, demo is
|  available from atari.archive.

I hear a lot about opus, but I still can't get charts to work.  Why
does one need valid printer fonts just to see charts on the screen?

--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph@laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.

elmar@lut.ac.uk (Mohammad A. Rahin) (04/21/91)

In article <1991Apr19.011406.7050@dragon.wpd.sgi.com> close@lunch.wpd.sgi.com (Diane Barlow Close) writes:
>I need a good, but preferably not complicated, spreadsheet program.  I
>currently use A-calc Prime and I'm finding it's no longer flexible enough
>to handle bookkeeping entries for my business and tax forms.  I'd like a
>more powerful program, yet I'm trying to stay with something ``mousey'' and
>easy to use.  Would LDW Power fit this description or is there something
>better for me out there?

What about OPUS? Version 2.2 (or is it 2.1 ?) is availabale at
atari.archive.umich.edu in diretory atari/appications. It is very much usable
(full GEM WIMP support) with excellent charting facility. If you register with
the author (D.Harrison) he will send you V2.3 which supports full Lotus 123
file compability & it is by comparison extremely cheap.

>Also, does anyone produce a program similar to the PC's Turbo Tax for the
>ST?  Or any income tax software for the ST?  Even pre-made spreadsheets
>would be nice.  Suggestions anyone?

Can't help you on this.

>--
>Diane Barlow Close
>	close@lunch.wpd.sgi.com
>	I'm at lunch today.  :-) 	Free Canada -- Trade Mulroney

-Rahin