[comp.sys.atari.st] AUTOGEM-AUTOBOOTER

jim.devonshire@rose.uucp (JIM DEVONSHIRE) (04/19/91)

  I've been trying to get Autogem to operate for me.

  I've run the BOOTMAKER.PRG and told it which program to load and
the screen text which appears tells me it was successful in creating
the bootable file. I then copied the AUTOBOOT.PRG into my Auto folder
and rebooted my ST (TOS Ver.1.2). The screen text which appears tells me
that AUTOGEM is auto starting my specified program and then I am promptly
returned to the GEM desktop? My program, which is in the root directory,
does not load.

  I have only one other program in my auto folder (LGSELECT) which loads
before Autogem.

  Anyone have any suggestions? (other than the obvious)

Regards: Jim Devonshire, Erin, Ontario, Canada
---

rmacgreg@cs.strath.ac.uk (Sorcerer) (04/22/91)

In article <0ce3fc9fa1cd280eb898@rose.uucp> jim.devonshire@rose.uucp (JIM DEVONSHIRE) writes:

>  I've been trying to get Autogem to operate for me.
>
>  I've run the BOOTMAKER.PRG and told it which program to load and
>the screen text which appears tells me it was successful in creating
>the bootable file. I then copied the AUTOBOOT.PRG into my Auto folder
>and rebooted my ST (TOS Ver.1.2). The screen text which appears tells me
>that AUTOGEM is auto starting my specified program and then I am promptly
>returned to the GEM desktop? My program, which is in the root directory,
>does not load.
>
>  I have only one other program in my auto folder (LGSELECT) which loads
>before Autogem.
>
>  Anyone have any suggestions? (other than the obvious)

I've got a similar setup to you and I've got no problems when I run everything.
Assuming you've checked the file with a texteditor and its ok, try loading
Autogem before LGSELECT, and/or disabling all DA's.

I'll setup my system as you've described yours and see if I come across any
trouble.

       The Sorcerer is 'Only visiting this planet' but can be found at:

             JANET: cadx862 @uk.ac.strathclyde.computer-centre-sun
                    rmacgreg@uk.ac.strathclyde.computer-science
  INTERNET: via nsfnet-relay.ac.uk    BITNET: via ukacrl    UUCP: via ukc.uucp

          or second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.