[comp.sys.atari.st] ``Standard'' colors for desktop computers

mathew@mantis.co.uk (mathew) (04/22/91)

malc@tahoe.unr.edu (Malcolm L. Carlock) writes:
> Admittedly, this light tan and black (or all-black) color scheme tends to
> be non-distracting and soothing to the eye, but has anyone else besides me
> ever been tempted to get a can of "Hot Purple" spray paint (and maybe a
> day-glo orange racing stripe kit) and liven up their disk shoebox or CPU?

Jeff "The GOD of Arcade Games" Minter has a resprayed Atari ST. It's black
with starfields and rainbows and geometric shapes in neon colours and similar
bizarre decorations.

mathew

--
If you're a John Foxx fan, please mail me!

neil@cs.hw.ac.uk (Neil Forsyth) (04/23/91)

In article <Nk2s112w164w@mantis.co.uk> mathew@mantis.co.uk (mathew) writes:
>Jeff "The GOD of Arcade Games" Minter has a resprayed Atari ST. It's black
>with starfields and rainbows and geometric shapes in neon colours and similar
>bizarre decorations.

I always wanted to paint mine black too (I think I'll pass on the stars and
rainbows though) but you'd have to watch that the paint didn't flake off at a
later date and make your ST look really bad. I imagine some sort of thick
car body laquer is in order to avoid the flaking. What do Atari do when you
send in a painted ST for repair? Send back a vanilla grey one I guess.

BTW: If you are going to call anyone a GOD of arcade games then surely the
Bitmap Brothers deserve to be called that more than Jeff Minter does. Not
only that but when it comes to documentation, Jeff couldn't write a manual
to save his life. The Trip-A-Tron manual was written by Jeff, for Jeff, and
was totally useless. Not only that but he spent a lot of time, and ST memory,
on those stupid colourful menu/consoles each with it's own unique exit box.

>mathew

! DISCLAIMER:Unless otherwise stated, the above comments are entirely my own !
!                                                                            !
! Neil Forsyth                      JANET:  neil@uk.ac.hw.cs                 !
! Dept. of Computer Science         ARPA:   neil@cs.hw.ac.uk                 !
! Heriot-Watt University            UUCP:   ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!neil          !
! Edinburgh, Scotland, UK           "That was never 5 menus!"                !

chuck@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (charles bridgeland) (04/24/91)

mathew@mantis.co.uk (mathew) writes:
>> Admittedly, this light tan and black (or all-black) color scheme tends to
>> be non-distracting and soothing to the eye, but has anyone else besides me
>> ever been tempted to get a can of "Hot Purple" spray paint (and maybe a
>> day-glo orange racing stripe kit) and liven up their disk shoebox or CPU?

>Jeff "The GOD of Arcade Games" Minter has a resprayed Atari ST. It's black
>with starfields and rainbows and geometric shapes in neon colours and similar
>bizarre decorations.
always been tempted to take green paint and a thin brush and paint vines.
	either that or make a nice wooden cabinet quality case
chuck bridgeland---anarchoRepublican
"one thing about a police state, you can always find the police" l. neil smith
chuck@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu     hire me so I can quit this pit.