[comp.sys.atari.st] tech-specialities

raycole@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Ray L Cole) (04/21/91)

I am in the market for a hard drive and just got a catalog from tech-
specialities in Houston Tx and was wondering if anyone has had any experience
with them.  I'm not really interested in buying a complete system from them,
but am interested in buying a host adaptor and they are the only ones i've
seen recently that are advertising them.  Also, I know this has been asked
before, but does anyone have any recommendations on which host adaptor to get?
I'm looking at the ICD, but mainly becuase i had good luck with them when i had
my 8-bit.  All responses are welcome

Ray Cole   		    raycole@matt.ksu.ksu.edu
Computer Consultant
Kansas State University
Manhattan KS

d_alvear@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dom Alvear) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr20.224940.20845@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> raycole@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Ray L Cole) writes:
>I am in the market for a hard drive and just got a catalog from tech-
>specialities in Houston Tx and was wondering if anyone has had any experience
>with them.  I'm not really interested in buying a complete system from them,

Do NOT buy from tech-specialities.  Their products are substandard and
they do not support their stuff.  I bought these so-called CPU cases
from them and they were the worst pieces of junk I've ever seen.

>but am interested in buying a host adaptor and they are the only ones i've
>seen recently that are advertising them.  Also, I know this has been asked
>before, but does anyone have any recommendations on which host adaptor to get?
>I'm looking at the ICD, but mainly becuase i had good luck with them
                    ^^^
ICD is a GREAT company.  If you are looking for a Host Adapter try
buying from Toad Computers or D&P computers, they are both reputable
companies and they won't dick you around.
>when i had my 8-bit.  All responses are welcome
>
>Ray Cole   		    raycole@matt.ksu.ksu.edu
>Computer Consultant
>Kansas State University
>Manhattan KS