[comp.sys.atari.st] Okami Shell - NOT with VI, NO ARGV/xARG support!

warwick@cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) (04/19/91)

It seems the Okami shell, while supporting:

$ ls >tmp          1. I/O redirection (create AND append modes)
$ ls | grep Z      2. Piping
$ man `which x`    3. Command substitution

Does NOT support ARGV and xARG parameters!

Please, would the Author of Okami add this,
or (better) would the Authors of Mupfel add Piping & Cmd Subst.

Warwick.
--
  _--_|\   	warwick@cs.uq.oz.au
 /      *  <--	Computer Science Department,

ONM07@DMSWWU1A.BITNET (Julian F. Reschke) (04/22/91)

All these things will be possible in the next Mupfel version (which will
have a 99% bourne shell compatible script language, main difference to
sh: it will be able to cope with 8-bit characters).

wolfram@cip-s08.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Wolfram Roesler) (04/24/91)

warwick@cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) writes:

>It seems the Okami shell, while supporting:
[...]
>Does NOT support ARGV and xARG parameters!

>Please, would the Author of Okami add this,
Ok, will be done in one of the future versions.
If you have sources ready, mail me, this could speed things up.
CU
Okami-san

ONM07@DMSWWU1A.BITNET (Julian F. Reschke) (04/25/91)

In article <wolfram.672495540@cip-s08>,
wolfram@cip-s08.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Wolfram Roesler) says:

>warwick@cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) writes:
>
>>It seems the Okami shell, while supporting:
>[...]
>>Does NOT support ARGV and xARG parameters!
>
>>Please, would the Author of Okami add this,
>Ok, will be done in one of the future versions.
>If you have sources ready, mail me, this could speed things up.
>CU
>Okami-san

The ARGV-documentation has been posted many times here, and you can find it
in the GEMINI distribution.