[comp.sys.atari.st] HD identification

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr22.153323.16506@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) writes:

>If the drive used in your MF60 is a Seagate ST277R, you don't need
>the ship program anymore. The ST238R used in the Megafile 30 doesn't
>autopark. You can find out the exact type of the drive used by
>looking at the back of the Megafile 30 which should bear a label
>with 'SEA6065' or something like that if it is a Seagate drive.

You can also use the program "ratehd.prg".  This is supplied by
the folks at ICD, and may be obtained at "atari.archive.umich.edu".

--
Prof L.J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, U of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1
	Internet:	ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu

erlingh@idt.unit.no (Erling Henanger) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr25.041110.7463@watmath.waterloo.edu>, ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:
|> In article <1991Apr22.153323.16506@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) writes:
|>
|> You can also use the program "ratehd.prg".  This is supplied by
|> the folks at ICD, and may be obtained at "atari.archive.umich.edu".

Nope, on the megafile (at least on mine), ratehd only reports what adapter is in it, not
what kind of mech it contains.My megafile is reported to include an Adaptec 4070 A.

|> --
|> Prof L.J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, U of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1
|> 	Internet:	ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu
|> 	UUCP:		ljdickey@watmath.UUCP	..!uunet!watmath!ljdickey
|> 	X.400:		ljdickey@watmath.UWaterloo.ca

--
       _______    _____  	 o	     ____       Erling Henanger
      /___       /____/ /       /   /|  /   /           Norwegian Institute
     /          /\     /       /   / | /   |   ___      of Technology. (NTH)