[comp.sys.atari.st] Dark Color Monitors

AAron@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (04/25/91)

Hi me again...

After reading my statement that there are many adjustments inside the
SC1224, some of you can't believe that I ACTUALLY made the adjustments
when the monitor was ON, and my ST had an image on it.

Method: Turn one adjustment a little one way, and watched the screen,
if it did something good, I turned it some more, if it did something bad,
I turned it back.

Since I had already been stupid enough to make some adjustments, I fiddled
with the rest of them and enlarged the screen, and played with the color.

AAron@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
I might be considered careless, but I felt daring and confident.
If you try this, you can be considered careless too!

ytsuji@wucc.waseda.ac.jp (Y.Tsuji) (04/26/91)

In the above article, AAron@sun.soe.clarkson.edu writes:
> ...After reading my statement that there are many adjustments inside the
> SC1224, some of you can't believe that I ACTUALLY made the adjustments
> when the monitor was ON, and my ST had an image on it....
> I might be considered careless, but I felt daring and confident.
> If you try this, you can be considered careless.
So did I. I was simply very lucky, not having been killed. I used a
well isolated screw driver and knew the most dangerous area of the CRT,
but there was a possibility of suicide. One should take the CRT to the
official service centre and have free fix when bought anew. Many programs
assume one inch length on the screen is correctly shown.