[comp.sys.atari.st] ICD AdSpeed

bj@europa.inmos.co.uk (John Honniball) (02/28/91)

Does anyone know if ICD have a E-mail address?  A friend of mine has
an AdSpeed board that behaves strangely -- it would be nice if we
could avoid a transatlantic phone call...

The problem is that the board runs OK in 8MHz mode, but as soon as
we switch it to 16MHz (using the software supplied), it instantly
switches back to 8MHz!  This is according to the speed display on
the menu bar, at least -- and the machine doesn't run any faster :-(.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,

--
John Honniball (BJ)

bj@inmos.co.uk                bj@inmos.com

david@bdt.COM (David Beckemeyer) (04/17/91)

Do many people have the ICD AdSpeed?

I recently put one in a Mega ST-4 with a Moniterm board and
it seemed to work pretty well.   I left the machine on overnight
and it had crashed by morning.  It seems that it crashed within
a few hours.  The problem seems to be heat related, because the
system seems to get flakey after it's been on for a while.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems?
--
David Beckemeyer (david@bdt.COM)	| "Don't call me Stupid!"
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| "No.  That would be an insult

ric@mcrware.UUCP (Ric Yeates) (04/23/91)

In article <10688@bdt.COM> david@bdt.COM (David Beckemeyer) writes:

>Do many people have the ICD AdSpeed?

For those of you with score cards, add 1.  I've had mine for a number of
months.

>I recently put one in a Mega ST-4 with a Moniterm board and
>it seemed to work pretty well.   I left the machine on overnight
>and it had crashed by morning.  It seems that it crashed within
>a few hours.  The problem seems to be heat related, because the
>system seems to get flakey after it's been on for a while.
>
>Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

Mine was added to an old 520ST (w/2.5M).  I can't speak for the installation
into a Mega, but in a 520 there doesn't seem to be a heat problem.  I run my
ST for about 8 hours a day (as a terminal).

Ric

Ric Yeates                                             Microware Systems Corp.
  "I found these opinions on the floor, so I don't think they belong
                                                              to Microware."
                         1. Grease Generously
                         2. Wax Philosophically

carter@cat23.cs.wisc.edu (Gregory Carter) (04/24/91)

I just had a friend who bought an ad speed call me up too tell me that
ICD shipped him a dead 68K with the board!

That must suck.

--Gregory

PS: Currently in a bad state of affairs with a few people out there...
    I would send you my head in the mail, shipping paid, but I am wimpering
    silently.

Dave_Ninjajr_Flory@cup.portal.com (04/24/91)

I've had my Adspeed since just after the last Glendale show. Its in a mega
4 that runs 24 hours a day, no problems.

blv@hpctdlk.HP.COM (Bob Vixie) (04/29/91)

I added one to a 520 with 4Mb.  No problems.

Bob Vixie
blv@hpctdlb.hp.com