[comp.sys.atari.st] tos dump

chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) (04/24/91)

how can one get tos on a disk i got 1.2 and i wanna run 1.4 to see if i
should upgrade my machine.if i can get tos 1.4 on disk then i can see if i
wanna upgrade.i know it is possible since i read about tos 2.0 pirate file
being around the east coast(the usuall place for pirate files i guess?)but
you guys fill me with knowledge.!
----
ProLine:  chuckie@pro-odyssey
Internet: chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie
ARPA:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie@nosc.mil

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (04/24/91)

In article <8767@crash.cts.com>, chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) writes:
>how can one get tos on a disk i got 1.2 and i wanna run 1.4 to see if i
>should upgrade my machine.if i can get tos 1.4 on disk then i can see if i
>wanna upgrade.i know it is possible since i read about tos 2.0 pirate file
>being around the east coast(the usuall place for pirate files i guess?)but
>you guys fill me with knowledge.!
>----

Well, if the TOS 2.0 file is a PIRATE file, then any TOS 1.4 file would also
be a PIRATE file, right?  That means that the Internet is the WRONG place
to ask for it, right?

Don't be a shithead, Chuck.  The benifits of TOS 1.4 have been well discussed
both here and in most ST publications.  If you have a hard disk, you probably
want it.  If not, spend your $80 on blank disks.
--
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (04/30/91)

chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) writes:
>i got 1.2 and i wanna run 1.4 to see if i should upgrade my machine.

Ignoring the suggestions and implications (and atrocious grammar and
punctuation) of the rest of your message for the moment, the answer to this
part is "Yes, you want to upgrade your machine."