[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari Questions...

dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (04/24/91)

  I have three questions regarding Atari's recent machine releases...

    1.  Why is the TT being shipped with the old MEGA keybooard?

    2.  Why is the MEGA/STE being shiped with the old MEGA Keyboard?

    3.  Becasue the old keyboards are being shipped in these machines, does it
mean that I can upgrade my keyboard to the newer version???

Just wondering...

  Mark Santora
  dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr23.191714.9275@umiami.ir.miami.edu>, dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu writes:

>  I have three questions regarding Atari's recent machine releases...
>
>    1.  Why is the TT being shipped with the old MEGA keybooard?
>
>    2

Hmmm, the TT I saw yesterday had a new keyboard, with rectangular function
keys.  Are you sure you saw one with the old Mega keyboard?  Personally,
I think the Mega keyboard is nicer, as the new TT one I played with had a
"bubble switch" feel to it, similar to extremely cheap PC keyboards.

--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear

erlingh@idt.unit.no (Erling Henanger) (04/25/91)

>    1.  Why is the TT being shipped with the old MEGA keybooard?

My TT came with the new style keyboard. Where were you told they are shipped with the old
MEGA keyboard ?
The keyboards are compatible, if that's what you asking, and thus it should be able to upgrade
to the new style keyboards.
Anyway, I think the Mega-keyboard is very good, so I don't see the point in exchanging it.
(That said, the new keyboards aren't any worse, theyre just 'different', and anything new
takes a little time to getting used to...)
--
       _______    _____  	 o	     ____       Erling Henanger
      /___       /____/ /       /   /|  /   /           Norwegian Institute

dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr24.211959.26768@ugle.unit.no>, erlingh@idt.unit.no (Erling Henanger) writes:
>>    1.  Why is the TT being shipped with the old MEGA keybooard?
>
> My TT came with the new style keyboard. Where were you told they are shipped with the old
> MEGA keyboard ?
> The keyboards are compatible, if that's what you asking, and thus it should be able to upgrade
> to the new style keyboards.
> Anyway, I think the Mega-keyboard is very good, so I don't see the point in exchanging it.
> (That said, the new keyboards aren't any worse, theyre just 'different', and anything new
> takes a little time to getting used to...)
> --
>        _______    _____  	 o	     ____       Erling Henanger
>       /___       /____/ /       /   /|  /   /           Norwegian Institute
>      /          /\     /       /   / | /   |   ___      of Technology. (NTH)
>     ------     /  \   /____   /   /  |/     \____| o    Atari Lives !

  I was at the store when they opened the TT!  We were all rather disapointed.
Actually, when I was back at the store yesterday, I was told that Atari has run
out of the new keyboard and so they will be shipped with the MEGA keyboard
until they can make more of the TT board.  Anyone with the old board will be
shipped a TT keyboard for no charge.

Mark Santora

Shervin.Shahrebani.Of.250/744@f744.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Shervin Shahrebani Of 250/744) (04/27/91)

Neither the TT nor the Mega STE are shipping with the old Mega keyboards.  I
have a Mega STE and I have the new amazing keyboard.  Every dealer that I
have seen here in Toronto that carries TT's and Mega STE
's had the new keyboard with them.  I don't know where you got that false
information.

S.S.

Robert_Osten@hb2.maus.de (Robert Osten) (04/29/91)

dlk0ms9s @ umiami.ir.miami.edu at Di, 23.04.91 23:17 in ATARI.SUB:

>    1.  Why is the TT being shipped with the old MEGA keybooard?
>
>    2.  Why is the MEGA/STE being shiped with the old MEGA Keyboard?
>
>    3.  Becasue the old keyboards are being shipped in these machines, does it
>        mean that I can upgrade my keyboard to the newer version???

Actually the TT is not being shipped with the old keyboard !  I think it's a
new desgined one. So where's your problem ?

Robert

dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (04/30/91)

In article <672747111.1@egsgate.FidoNet.Org>, Shervin.Shahrebani.Of.250/744@f744.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Shervin Shahrebani Of 250/744) writes:
> Neither the TT nor the Mega STE are shipping with the old Mega keyboards.  I
> have a Mega STE and I have the new amazing keyboard.  Every dealer that I
> have seen here in Toronto that carries TT's and Mega STE
> 's had the new keyboard with them.  I don't know where you got that false
> information.
>
> S.S.

	When the local(an hour and a half away) Atari store received their 1st
shipments of TT's they had the new keyboard, however, the 2nd shipment had the
old style.  All 6 of them were shipped with it.  A quick call to Atari told us
that they had run out of TT style keyboards and were shipping the old MEGA
keyboard until they could get more.  Anyone who got the old keyboard could
upgrade to Atari FREE OF CHARGE!  This is not FALSE information, as you say, I
was there when they opened the boxes, I was there when they called Atari.

Mark Santora
dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu