[comp.sys.atari.st] soundtrackers and alike...

adm2@doc.ic.ac.uk (Alan David Messer) (04/26/91)

Hi ST fans,

	Does anyone know if there are any Sound/Noisetrackers out there for
the ST.I have the Carebears Soundtracker Demo,but would like to know it there
are anymore out there,which are preferably Full versions??

	Also does anyone know if any ST sound/noisetracker can load Amiga
created sound/noisetracker files??

	And finally are there any other soundtracker related program and
information out there,like for example about the format of such files?

	Has any one got any good tunes in any form??

			Thanks in advance,

				Alan Messer.

mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Michel Forget) (04/30/91)

adm2@doc.ic.ac.uk (Alan David Messer) writes:

> 	Does anyone know if there are any Sound/Noisetrackers out there for
> the ST.I have the Carebears Soundtracker Demo,but would like to know it there
> are anymore out there,which are preferably Full versions??
>
> 	Also does anyone know if any ST sound/noisetracker can load Amiga
> created sound/noisetracker files??

Yes, there is one good SoundTracker program that I know of.  It is called
DigiSound and can be found at atari.archive for downloading.  It is great
for playing Amiga .MOD files, but I do not now how well it stacks up to
other composition programs for writing files, since I have absolutely no
musical talent..:)  It LOOKS complete, but that isn't a very good guide
to go by.  It plays the .MOD files excellently, and it is PD/Shareware.

<<  ersys!mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca  >>
<<  or in the language that PEOPLE use  >>
<<  Michel Forget...:)                  >>

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (05/01/91)

In article <iqg713w164w@ersys.uucp> ersys!mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Michel Forget) writes:
>adm2@doc.ic.ac.uk (Alan David Messer) writes:
>>
>> 	Does anyone know if there are any Sound/Noisetrackers out there for
>> the ST.I have the Carebears Soundtracker Demo,but would like to know it there
>> are anymore out there,which are preferably Full versions??
>>
>> 	Also does anyone know if any ST sound/noisetracker can load Amiga
>> created sound/noisetracker files??
>
>Yes, there is one good SoundTracker program that I know of.  It is called
>DigiSound and can be found at atari.archive for downloading.  It is great
>for playing Amiga .MOD files, but I do not now how well it stacks up to
>other composition programs for writing files, since I have absolutely no
>musical talent..:)  It LOOKS complete, but that isn't a very good guide
>to go by.  It plays the .MOD files excellently, and it is PD/Shareware.

I think you mean DigiComposer.  DigiSound is a commercial sound sampler.

IMHO, DigiComposer must have the worst sound of any of the Noisetracker
module players.  I think the recently posted TRACKSTE.LZH has much
preferable output, and it can load mods from a hard drive.  Unfortunately,
it doesn't have the nifty, multicolored spectrum analyser like others do,
but it still has some nice features.

--
   |||   Ed Krimen [ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu or al661@cleveland.freenet.edu]
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261