[comp.sys.atari.st] neo geo

chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) (04/29/91)

has anyone seen the neo geo vidoe game system!!wow....
when is panther from atari coming ouit!!!!
----
ProLine:  chuckie@pro-odyssey
Internet: chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie
ARPA:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie@nosc.mil

eahsnsr@nmt.edu (Eric A. Hobbs) (04/30/91)

In article <8924@crash.cts.com> chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) writes:
>has anyone seen the neo geo vidoe game system!!wow....

Has anyone seen the price of this beast? Double WOW!
The prices that I saw a few months ago were
about 500 - 600 dollars for the machine and around
$150 _per_ game. Supposedly it has the innards of a full
size game machine in a home video game box.

>when is panther from atari coming ouit!!!!
>----

------------------
Eric A. HOBBS!
eahsnsr@JUPITER.nmt.edu

drp9500@isc.rit.edu (D.R. Paradis ) (05/02/91)

In article <1991Apr30.045418.8397@nmt.edu> eahsnsr@nmt.edu (Eric A. Hobbs) writes:
>In article <8924@crash.cts.com> chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) writes:
>>has anyone seen the neo geo vidoe game system!!wow....
>

>Has anyone seen the price of this beast? Double WOW!
>The prices that I saw a few months ago were
>about 500 - 600 dollars for the machine and around
>$150 _per_ game. Supposedly it has the innards of a full
>size game machine in a home video game box.
>

>>when is panther from atari coming ouit!!!!
>>----
>

>------------------
>Eric A. HOBBS!
>eahsnsr@JUPITER.nmt.edu

Granted this should be brought up in rec.games.video but.....

   The NEO-GEO is a cartridge based game system that has some
outstanding features.

         15 channel digital sound (7 channels reserved for voice)
         ....not sure if its 16 or 32 bit system

         the carts are now on average 50 megs EACH!!! and can hold up to
           330 MEGS!!

The carts are about the size of a VHS tape.
The pricing mentioned in the previous post is correct.

        You can also use memory cards....

           Play a game at your local arcade, save it out on the card,
         bring the card home and load up where you left off! (vice-versa
also true) the arcade units also have headphone ports on the lower front
of the machine.

    Please refer all future replies and questions to rec.games.video

*    Just because I'm a film major        |      < Net-address >       *
* doesn't mean I'm a Spielber-wanna-be....|                            *
*       I'm a Lynch-wanna-be!             |  drp9500@ultb.isc.rit.edu  *