[comp.sys.atari.st] TT, Mega STE keyboards...

pegram@kira.UUCP (Robert B. Pegram) (05/04/91)

From article <1991Apr30.095337.9499@umiami.ir.miami.edu>, by dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu:
> In article <672747111.1@egsgate.FidoNet.Org>, Shervin.Shahrebani.Of.250/744@f744.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (Shervin Shahrebani Of 250/744) writes:
>> Neither the TT nor the Mega STE are shipping with the old Mega keyboards.  I
>> have a Mega STE and I have the new amazing keyboard.  Every dealer that I
>> have seen here in Toronto that carries TT's and Mega STE
>> 's had the new keyboard with them.  I don't know where you got that false
>> information.
>>
>> S.S.
>

> 	When the local(an hour and a half away) Atari store received their 1st
> shipments of TT's they had the new keyboard, however, the 2nd shipment had the
> old style.  All 6 of them were shipped with it.  A quick call to Atari told us
> that they had run out of TT style keyboards and were shipping the old MEGA
> keyboard until they could get more.  Anyone who got the old keyboard could
> upgrade to Atari FREE OF CHARGE!  This is not FALSE information, as you say, I
> was there when they opened the boxes, I was there when they called Atari.
>
> Mark Santora
> dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu

I see an opportunity here for me (and others 8-).  Assuming Atari doesn't
take back the old style mega keyboards, I'd be willing to part with
$80 (U.S.) for your old style keyboard, for use with an adaptor on my
new STE (*not* mega STE).  BTW, since my STE is back ordered, are mega
STE's available in the U.S.A with minimum memory and sans hard drive?
If so, how much?  I could cancell my STE order and get one of these if
it doesn't cost more than  ~$800 - $900 8-).
	thanks in advance, (no Atari dealer is within miles of here!)

			  Bob Pegram

pegram@griffin.uvm.edu
	or
...!uvm-gen!pegram