[comp.sys.atari.st] TT ROM

kimmo@field.fi (Kimmo Lahtinen) (04/30/91)

Here in Finland we are getting TT's with Swedish ROM,
and there seems to be some problems in them. Also
my friend does not like so much for Swedish as language
for a computer. So I would like to know if it would
be possible to have an English TOS for TT.

If someone could sell us one on disk or ROM.

Our situation here is very difficoult as the
distributor is closing its' bussiness, so they can not
help.
--
Kimmo Lahtinen                            E-Mail : kimmo@field.fi or
Finnish Meteorological Institute                   lahtinen@pouta.fmi.fi

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (05/03/91)

kimmo@field.fi (Kimmo Lahtinen) writes:
>Here in Finland we are getting TT's with Swedish ROM,
>and there seems to be some problems in them. Also
>my friend does not like so much for Swedish as language
>for a computer. So I would like to know if it would
>be possible to have an English TOS for TT.

I mailed this guy details on Atari Sweden, but this part is meaningful for
everybody:

The only differences between Swedish TOS and English TOS are the keyboard
mapping and the text in the Desktop.  The underlying code is all the same.
If the problems have to do with keyboard mapping or text, then a different
country could make a difference, but if the problems are anywhere else, you
should describe them so we can decide if they're TOS bugs.  It may be that
what you've encountered is already fixed.  There have been updates to TT
TOS; the current release is 3.05.

erlingh@idt.unit.no (Erling Henanger) (05/06/91)

In article <2923@atari.UUCP>, apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) writes:

(some text sent to the eternal bitfields)

|> should describe them so we can decide if they're TOS bugs.  It may be that
|> what you've encountered is already fixed.  There have been updates to TT
|> TOS; the current release is 3.05.

Hmm, since I have Tos 3.01, maybe someone could tell what needs fixing in it ?
As I remember from the list of patches to Tos, there were a patch specifically for
Tos 3.05, but none for 3.01... maybe they just added a few bugs to ver. 3.01 and
released it as Tos 3.05... :-)

--
       _______    _____  	 o	     ____       Erling Henanger
      /___       /____/ /       /   /|  /   /           Norwegian Institute