[comp.sys.atari.st] How to do the overscan mod to a 1040ST?

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) (05/07/91)

Can someone please help me with Overscan. I would really like to install
it, but all the stuff on atari.archive is very confusing, and doesn't
really explain it that well. If someone could tell me how to do it to my
1040ST I would be very appreciative!!

Thanks......

Ryan 'Gozar' Collins 	  Question for MAC Users:      rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
  / || \  The Price!!	    MAC HFS floppy disk?       R.COLLINS1 on GEnie

mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Michel Forget) (05/07/91)

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) writes:

> Can someone please help me with Overscan. I would really like to install
> it, but all the stuff on atari.archive is very confusing, and doesn't
> really explain it that well. If someone could tell me how to do it to my
> 1040ST I would be very appreciative!!
>
> Thanks......

> Ryan 'Gozar' Collins 	  Question for MAC Users:      rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
>    ||||   Power Without    What IS the format of a     rc1dsanu@miamiu.BITNET
>   / || \  The Price!!	    MAC HFS floppy disk?       R.COLLINS1 on GEnie

What I would like to know is simply how you got it?  I tried to get
Overscan 3 from atari.archives.umich.edu several times, but I never get a
response.  In fact, that happens alot.  Here is the string I sent, just
in case the problem is with me:

sendb utilities/overscn3.arc aa,ab,ac,ad

I seem to get no response whenever I request it.  I also got no response
when I requested sendb game/gnuchess.arc aa,ab,ac,ad and sendb
cli/okami12.lzh aa,ab,ac,ad for some reason.  Have the files been moved,
or am I doing something wrong?  I have the "Help" file and the "Master
Index" file.  I also wasn't able to request "Index" from any directories.

I hope someone can help me with this problem, as I am stumped.

<<  ersys!mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca  >>
<<  or in the language that PEOPLE use  >>
<<  Michel Forget...:)                  >>

miked@syscon (Mike DeMetz) (05/07/91)

ersys!mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Michel Forget) writes:

>What I would like to know is simply how you got it?  I tried to get
>Overscan 3 from atari.archives.umich.edu several times, but I never get a
>response.  In fact, that happens alot.  Here is the string I sent, just
>in case the problem is with me:

>sendb utilities/overscn3.arc aa,ab,ac,ad

>I hope someone can help me with this problem, as I am stumped.
Well they don't send anything if there are any problems with the
message i.e. mispellings, wrong libary. I have never used" sendb"
just" send" since they automaticly uuencode non-text files.