[comp.sys.atari.st] lzh question

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (05/04/91)

Ok, I now have time to pack up all those full disk graphic demos :-).
What, pray tell, is the best version of lharc to use for creating .lzh files?
There are so many on atari.archive!  I use unlzh172 to unpack.  This
is the first time I need to create such files.  I will be using arcshell
as a front end for this (unless there is a better way).  Thanks in advance.
--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (05/04/91)

In article <1991May3.232154.25862@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) writes:
>Ok, I now have time to pack up all those full disk graphic demos :-).
>What, pray tell, is the best version of lharc to use for creating .lzh files?
>There are so many on atari.archive!  I use unlzh172 to unpack.  This
>is the first time I need to create such files.  I will be using arcshell
>as a front end for this (unless there is a better way).  Thanks in advance.

Just install *.LZH as an UNLZH application and click on the archive to
extract it.  I haven't actually looked at my version of UNLZH for ages,
it is so easy to extract *.LZH archives this way.  Same works for *.ARC
files with UNARC.  Just wish that I could extract ZOO archives as easily.
Should be a simple hack of BOOZ -- has anyone done this?
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577

klute@tommy.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Rainer Klute) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May4.143037.22718@cs.dal.ca>, silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill
Silvert) writes:
|> Just install *.LZH as an UNLZH application and click on the archive to
|> extract it.  I haven't actually looked at my version of UNLZH for ages,
|> it is so easy to extract *.LZH archives this way.  Same works for *.ARC
|> files with UNARC.  Just wish that I could extract ZOO archives as
|> easily.
|> Should be a simple hack of BOOZ -- has anyone done this?

You can *almost* do this with Arcgsh 3.5: Install Arcgsh as a desktop
application for *.ZOO files, doubleclick on a Zoo archive and you are
presented an options dialog. Here you simply select the "extract" button,
click on "OK" and your archive will be extracted.

This works the same for Arc and LHarc archives, and even for uuencoded files.

--
  Dipl.-Inform. Rainer Klute      klute@irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Univ. Dortmund, IRB             klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet

ue@nathan.ruhr.de (Udo Erdelhoff) (05/08/91)

In article <3236@laura.UUCP> klute@tommy.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
(Rainer Klute) writes:
[Some comments about using Arcgsh 3.5 as destop application for *.ZOO etc]

> This works the same for Arc and LHarc archives, and even for uuencoded files.

Hi there,
are you currently planning to support UNARJ, UNZIP or the soon coming STZip??
It seems that we ST-users are climbing up the ladder of aviable archivers,
all we need is some good gui to make life easier...
/s/ Udo

--
Udo Erdelhoff                               smart: ue@nathan.ruhr.de
Am Westheck 170                             Fido:  Udo Erdelhoff on 2:245/52.1