[comp.sys.atari.st] Tank Battle game

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu ( EVENSONG) (05/10/91)

	I saw a nifty little game the other day for the PC in which you
set up a certain number of players (computer or human) and each gets a
colored tank and some shells, and are dropped onto a hillscape.

	The players then must calculate barrel angle and shell power
to take out the other players (taking the wind speed and direction into
effect).  As you gain points (by destroying the opponent(s)) you gain
money and can buy extra and better weapons, including dirtballs, explosives,
chain reaction inducers (to eat away the landscape), and nukes.  There are
even weapons quidance systems to enhance your accuracy.  Destroying the enemy
can also give a wild display of sights and sounds depending on how well they
were hit, and occasionally the fall-out can even hurt yourself.

	First off, has anyone seen this game that can help me with the name,
and second, is it available for the ST?  I would appreciate any help that I can
get, and will be looking forward to replies.

Thanks

swood

--
 ---- Insert favorite .signature here ----	| swood@argo.acs.oakland.edu
						| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu
Bitnet:		swood@Oakland			| swood@unix.secs.oakland.edu
  UUCP:		...!uunet!umich!{vela, argo, unix, nucleus}!swood

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (05/11/91)

In article <6354@vela.acs.oakland.edu>, swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu ( EVENSONG) writes:

>	I saw a nifty little game the other day for the PC in which you
>set up a certain number of players (computer or human) and each gets a
>colored tank and some shells, and are dropped onto a hillscape.
>
>	The players then must calculate barrel angle and shell power
>to take out the other players (taking the wind speed and direction into
>effect).  As you gain points (by destroying the opponent(s)) you gain
>money and can buy extra and better weapons, including dirtballs, explosives,
>chain reaction inducers (to eat away the landscape), and nukes.  There are

There is a mono-only game for the ST called Baller that is something like
what you are describing.  You shoot cannon, and must determine angle and
powder charge.  It is German, quite fun, and should be on atari.archive.
--
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear