[comp.sys.atari.st] NeoDesk 3.01 -> 3.02 Upgrade: Where ?

redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) (05/11/91)

Is the upgrade patch file to convert NeoDesk 3.01 into version 3.02
available at any ftp sites ?

If it isn't, could some one who has it please upload it (preferably
to atari.archive) ?

                       Thanks in advance,

                              Red/.

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (05/11/91)

In article <1991May10.194558.14865@cs.cmu.edu> redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) writes:
>Is the upgrade patch file to convert NeoDesk 3.01 into version 3.02
>available at any ftp sites ?
>
>If it isn't, could some one who has it please upload it (preferably
>to atari.archive) ?

It's already at atari.archive, as PATCH302.LZH and NEOQUEUE.LZH.

Thanks to the person who uploaded it!

--
   |||   Ed Krimen [ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu or al661@cleveland.freenet.edu]
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (05/11/91)

In article <1991May10.194558.14865@cs.cmu.edu>, redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) writes:
>Is the upgrade patch file to convert NeoDesk 3.01 into version 3.02
>available at any ftp sites ?

Hey, what was wrong with Neodesk 3.01?  I am a registered owner, and I have
not gotten any word of an upgrade?  What did the patch fix?

--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear

In article <1991May10.192108.23620@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) writes:
>In article <1991May10.194558.14865@cs.cmu.edu>, redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) writes:
>>Is the upgrade patch file to convert NeoDesk 3.01 into version 3.02
>>available at any ftp sites ?
>>

>Hey, what was wrong with Neodesk 3.01?  I am a registered owner, and I have
>not gotten any word of an upgrade?  What did the patch fix?

Not much.  It fixes a few minor bugs, and installs the hooks for Gribnif's
new NeoDesk Accessories.  One lets you open up a NeoDesk desktop inside
any GEM application.  I ordered it for $10 from Gribnif.

I got word of the upgrade from ST Informer, and I think ZNET and STR both
had press releases on it.

--
   |||   Ed Krimen [ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu or al661@cleveland.freenet.edu]
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261
         TWO WEEKS UNTIL GRADUATION!!

R_Tim_Coslet@cup.portal.com (05/11/91)

y Boyd) writes:
>In article <1991May10.194558.14865@cs.cmu.edu>, redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond E
nglish) writes:
>>Is the upgrade patch file to convert NeoDesk 3.01 into version 3.02
>>available at any ftp sites ?
>>

>Hey, what was wrong with Neodesk 3.01?  I am a registered owner, and I have
>not gotten any word of an upgrade?  What did the patch fix?

Well, it fixes some minor bugs in window updates (sometimes windows didn't
get updated and the desktop showed thru parts of them) and a problem where
NeoQueue didn't do form feeds between files (even when asked to).

I found out about the patch when I reported the above problems to Dan Wilga
via e-mail, and got the patch off a local BBS when it showed up there about
a week ago.

I still find a minor window update bug in NeoDesk 3.02, and reported it (but
can live with it for now).

                                        R. Tim Coslet

Usenet: R_Tim_Coslet@cup.portal.com             BIX:    r.tim_coslet
California could REALLY use 40 days and 40 nights of rain right now!

bill@sugaree.uu.net (William Bishop) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May10.194558.14865@cs.cmu.edu>, redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) writes:
> Is the upgrade patch file to convert NeoDesk 3.01 into version 3.02
> available at any ftp sites ?
>
> If it isn't, could some one who has it please upload it (preferably
> to atari.archive) ?

It's on GEnie...and I'm sure is should be on Compuserve as well.

I can't upload to atari.archive, I don't have the ability yet.

...Bill

--
          **** All opinions stated above are my own!! ****
William Bishop                 |  "Its a big country...