[comp.sys.atari.st] Posting weekly new items files

weiner@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Jeff Weiner) (05/17/91)

Well, based on the mail I've received in the past two days, most people
(read everyone who sent mail) thinks it's a good idea for these
files to be posted.

A few concerns were brought up ( I mentioned them the other day).
The first was putting it in a new newsgroup.  If someone wants to
start a comp.sys.atari.pd newsgroup or something like that, go for it.
However, as a service to the people who are reading this in digest form,
(who have spoken quite loudly), it'll be auto posted here every
week.  It's usually only 1-2K, unless Todd or Ed or Jim or .... have
a lot of spare time. :)

Hope it's beneficial to everyone.

weiner

--
Jeff Weiner  --- weiner@{{sklyab,felix}.engin, atari.archive}.umich.edu

hyc@hanauma.jpl.nasa.gov (Howard Chu) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May17.013021.1415@terminator.cc.umich.edu> weiner@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Jeff Weiner) writes:
>However, as a service to the people who are reading this in digest form,
>(who have spoken quite loudly), it'll be auto posted here every
>week.  It's usually only 1-2K, unless Todd or Ed or Jim or .... have
>a lot of spare time. :)
>
>Hope it's beneficial to everyone.

Hm. Actually I set it up to run every night, but we can step back to once
a week easily enough. Just have to watch how much useful traffic is
generated, and balance against the size of overhead (e.g. article headers.)
--
  -- Howard Chu @ Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA
	Disclaimer: How would I know, I just got here!