[comp.sys.atari.st] First Stop Comput{ing|ers}

kgg@zinn.MV.COM (Kenn Goutal) (05/17/91)

Can anyone tell me about a company called First Stop Computers
(or Computing), a store that sells Atari hardware and/or software?
Do they still exist?  Are they online?  If so, what's their address(es)?
Are they reputable?

-- Kenn Goutal

CompuServe:	71117.2572		(PARTI handle: kenn)
GEnie:		K.GOUTAL
Internet:	kenn@zinn.MV.COM   or	kenn@rr.MV.COM
[The] PO!NT:	kenn
Telepath:	kenn
UUCP:		...decvax!zinn!kenn  or	...decvax!zinn!rr!kenn

|  Ship and Travel Intermodally -- Commute Electronically!  |

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (05/18/91)

In article <1331@zinn.MV.COM> kgg@zinn.MV.COM (Kenn Goutal) writes:
>Can anyone tell me about a company called First Stop Computers
>(or Computing), a store that sells Atari hardware and/or software?
>Do they still exist?  Are they online?  If so, what's their address(es)?
>Are they reputable?

They used to advertise in ST Informer, but no more.  I don't know if they've
gone out of business or what.  I'd suggest you look for another place.
Pick an Atari dealer, even if it is long distance, and stick with it,
or pick another.  I bought something from First Stop Computers, and it was
fine.  I then bought something from a similar mail order place, also
advertised in STI, and almost got screwed.  I'm going to think more than twice
now about these places that just seem to do mail order.

--
   |||   Ed Krimen [ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu or al661@cleveland.freenet.edu]
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261
         TWO WEEKS UNTIL GRADUATION!!