[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari 1040 ST for sale

jcs@odyssey.UUCP (j.c.schwebel) (04/16/87)

    ATARI 1040ST FOR SALE

    Atari 1040 ST (standard 1040 with 1MByte RAM, DS/DD disk drive built in)
        very good condition, problem free
    Atari SC1224 Color Monitor
    Atari SM124 High Resolution Monochrome Monitor
    Monitor A/B Switch (with audio output plug)

    with the following software:
        1ST-WORD
        Atari Basic
        Neochrome
        LOGO
        Degas Elite (fantastic paint program)
        PC/InterComm (very good VT-100 terminal emulator and communications)
        FLASH (terminal emulator)
        KERMIT & Remote Control Accessory (FLASH add-on)
        ST-Talk
        Ultima II
        Start Disks (#1,2,3,4)
        4 Public Domain Software Disks (From ACES Atari Club, 3/87)
        5 Starter Disks (from John Franco)

    all for $1000

    John C. Schwebel
    HR2F030
    AT&T Bell Labs
    480 Red Hill Rd.
    Middletown, NJ 07748
    (201)615-4782           HOME: (201)291-5750
    odyssey!jcs

minow@thundr.dec.com (Martin Minow THUNDR::MINOW ML3-5/U26 223-9922) (02/25/88)

My apologies for the wide distribution, but my mailer cannot limit postings.
For sale:					Current prices
	Atari 1040 STf, one year old.			$899
	Monochrome SM124 monitor, 1MB memory, 1 disk
	"Japanese" trackball
	Atari software: 1st Word, Basic, Logo
	Timesaver battery backup clock			$ 40
	Mark Williams C (version 2)			$162
	Athena Draw (CAD system)			$ 95
	Flight Simulator game				$ 35
	Balance of Power game				$ 40
	Abacus Internals and Gem manuals		$ 40
	Various PD utilities and games

Above, sold as a unit, for $975

	Panasonic KX-P1080i printer (Epsom compatible)	$175 ($230 new)
	   (includes connecting cable).
	Supra 30MB SCSI-compatible hard disk		$800 ($899 new)

Everything is in perfect working order.  I'll deliver and set it up in the
Boston area.  Note that new Atari's lack bundled software (not that the
software is all that good) and the SM124 monitor and Japanese trackball are
rumored by net postings to be better quality than the currently-distributed
hardware. The Atari makes a superb terminal (I'm using it now), so I'm in no
rush to sell.

Martin Minow
minow%thundr.dec@decwrl.dec.com
decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-thundr!minow

(617) 646-2199

sauron@csilvax.ucsb.edu (Marco Pinter) (03/29/89)

                  ATARI 1040 ST    FOR SALE
                        COLOR MONITOR
                            40+ disks

$800.  If you're interested, it's best to give me a call, since I rarely
check my e-mail these days.

                         (805) 968-0796  (until April 1st)

    After April 1, dial the following and ask for my current number:
                         (805) 968-3805  (my name is Marco Pinter)

lode@fred.colorado.edu (Erik Lode) (09/12/89)

  I am trying to raise money for an impending move, so I am selling the
following system.

	Atari 1040ST

	8 MHz 68000 processor
	Runs like a Macintosh (mouse, windows, etc.)
	1 Megabyte RAM
	Color monitor
	1200 baud modem

	BASIC, Logo, Pascal, Word Processor, et al.
	Original disks and manuals

	In original boxes - I ran out of space for the mouse

	Asking $800

Erik Lode (lode@bitser)		Lowly CU student
Email	: lode@bitser.Colorado.EDU
Phone	: (303) 492-4293 (office)	(303) 499-2334 (home)

covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (09/15/89)

In article <11552@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, lode@fred.colorado.edu (Erik Lode) writes:

>   I am trying to raise money for an impending move, so I am selling the
> following system.
>

> 	Atari 1040ST
>
> 	Asking $800

	Computer Works in Phoenix AZ (602-246-6364) sells the color 1040ST NEW for
$1000, and you can get a one meg version of the 520ST for $859. These are all BRAND
new STs with new color monitors and all the rest. I think that a USED color 1040ST
should sell for about $600 (that's the street price here in Phoenix anyway). $800
seems kinda high when you can buy a brand new 1040ST for $1,000.

	CW adds an extra 1/2 meg to a stock 520ST to make it a 1040ST. Also, if you
want 2.5 Megs, you are better off buying a 520ST and having Computer Works add an
additional 2 megs of RAM for about $300. So, for about $1,000 for can buy a BRAND
new 520ST upped to 2.5 megs.

	Now, that's Power Without the Price!!!

richard (gtephx!covertr) covert

zl04+@andrew.cmu.edu (Zachary Shanes Levow) (09/15/89)

You said yourself that he has taken $200 of
the price of a new one.  That is 20% off
for something which is identical with a
couple of fingerprints on it.  But no,
YOU want him lose half of his money in
the sale.  That is a dumb reason to post
on this board!

Disclaimer: I have no relation to the
sale or the purchase or the seller or
the purchaser.  I'm not sure that this
is the case with the Flame.

ins_bac@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Ajay Choudhri) (10/25/89)

For Sale or Trade for PC clone.

Complete Atari Package
       -Atari 1040ST computer
        features
        800k DS drive internal capable of reading MS-DOS and TOS disks
	mouse
	1 megabyte of memory (1024k)
       -Atari Sm-124 Monochrome Monitor
	high resolution, fine dot pitch monitor
       -20 disks of PD utilities, games, applications to start up with
	some original, most PD.

computer is capable of fine MAC emulation -ith commerical package called
Spectre GCR and will emulate PC a AT speed with Norton SI rating of 3.0
with package called PC-ditto II. Excellent machine, these two packages
are not included.

Sell for 650 dollars or trade for PC clone or Dual standard USRobotics HST .

please contact the seller at his beeper
at 305-353-5303 for fast response.  or e-mail me and I will relay the message.
thanks

btw when you call the beeper, type in the Area code+phonenumber where you can
be reached.

Ajay Choudhri
ins_bac@jhunix.UUCP
ins_bac@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU
..  !uunet!mimsy!aplcen!jhunix!ins_bac
C&P telephone 301-467-4223. (Ask for A.J.)

rec@indetech.com (Rick Cobb) (10/31/89)

For Sale:

	Atari 1040 STf computer:
		1 M RAM
		800K double sided internal 3 1/2" drive
		Mouse
	Atari SM-124 monochrome monitor
	Atari 1200 Baud Hayes Compatible Modem
	Practical Solutions Monitor Switch
	WICO Trackball
	WICO Joystick

	Software:
		MaxPak		(desktop utilities: spooler, RAMdisk,
				 keyboard macros, etc.)
		Publishing Partner	(desktop publishing software)
		Word Writer ST	(professional quality word processor)
		Data Manager ST	(file management system)
		SwiftCalc ST	(spreadsheet system)

		[ Word Writer, Data Manager, and SwiftCalc
		  are all interoperable ]

		PC-Ditto	IBM-PC compatibility software
		FLASH terminal program
		First Word

	Games and Entertainment: (requires color)
		Dungeon Master
		Airball Construction Set
		Music Construction Set
		Leisure Suit Larry

	STart disks for the last two years
		and lots of neat PD stuff.

Optionally:
	Magnavox SM-40 color monitor (accepts NTSC from
		your VCR, CGA/EGA output from your PC clone)

Make an offer!
	For fast response, leave a message at (415) 438-2004

____*_  Rick Cobb			rcobb@indetech.com, sun!indetech!rcobb
\  / /  Independence Technologies
 \/ /   42705 Lawrence Place
  \/    Fremont, CA 94538
--
____*_  Rick Cobb			rcobb@indetech.uucp, sun!indetech!rcobb
\  / /  Independence Technologies	An opinion is as a drop of rain.

opto@hpdml93.HP.COM (Lloyd Broadbent) (12/06/89)

I am selling my second Atari computer system.
The color monitor is one year old and has had little use.

HARDWARE:

     1040STfm without RF modulator,  TOS 1.0
     1 Meg DS/DD 720K drive
     Mouse
     Original box and manuals

     Atari SC1224 Color Monitor
     Original box and manuals

SOFTWARE:

     Atari ST
         ST language disc

     Games
         Empire
         F-15 Strike Eagle

     Applications
         Free promotional copy WordPerfect version 4.1

TERMS:

     $625 For all.  I will ship the items UPS insured anywhere that you
      specify in the continental US.

                          email: opto@hpdmmbe.HP.COM
                          phone: (208) 323-3376 (days)
                                 (208) 345-9266 (nights)

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (01/11/90)

Atari 1040ST Computer with Atari SC1224 Color Monitor.
Well maintained -- excellent reliable system $650.00

Supra 20MB Hard Disk $250.00

Will sell CPU/Monitor separately.  Willing to trade for
Telebit T2500 modem or other goodies.  You pay shipping.
--
David Beckemeyer			| "To understand ranch lingo all yuh
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| have to do is to know in advance what

pritchaj@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (John Pritchard) (01/17/90)

    Atari 1040ST computer for sale
    ------------------------------

    Don't let the name fool ya, this is a heck of a machine.

    --1 meg RAM, expandable to 4 megs

    --built in ports for modem, printer, ext. hard drive, ext. floppy
      drive, MIDI in/out (great for MIDI people)

    --internal 800K 3.5" floppy drive

    --COLOR Monitor

    --external 50 meg hard drive

    --image scanner that attaches to most popular printers

    --manuals and cables for everything

    --system is mouse-based -- similar to a Mac in operation.

    --great color graphics on this thing.  Mac-heads may not care about
      this, but people with vision love it.

    --includes heaps of software for word processing, desktop publishing,
      graphics applications, music, MIDI, games.

    --with a little extra hardware, this computer can run Mac software
      faster than a Mac SE, and PC software faster than an IBM AT.

    --Dealer and user support in Mpls/St. Paul and all other large cities

    Please help a semi-impoverished college student survive!
    This entire system for sale for the amazingly low price of $1500.
    (Any reasonable offers will be considered, of course)

    Jack Nutting
    c/o Carleton College
    Northfield, MN 55057
    (507)663-4613

covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (01/18/90)

I am really amazed by the total gall of some people. This guy is asking a lot
of bucks for a used machine. What with the STe coming out (at least in Canada)
used 1040STs are going to sell for a dime a dozen!.

In article <10630@thor.acc.stolaf.edu>, pritchaj@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (John Pritchard) writes:

>     Atari 1040ST computer for sale
>     ------------------------------
>
>     Don't let the name fool ya, this is a heck of a machine.
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Right, until you can buy a 1040STe that is!!

>     --1 meg RAM, expandable to 4 megs
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Geez, that is standard in a 1040ST!

>     --built in ports for modem, printer, ext. hard drive, ext. floppy
>       drive, MIDI in/out (great for MIDI people)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh boy, more standard features!

>     --internal 800K 3.5" floppy drive
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, at least the guy didn't strip out the floppy drive!

>     --COLOR Monitor
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hot damn, a color monitor!! I wonder if it is the Atari or some
cheaper Thompson type monitor.

>     --external 50 meg hard drive
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh boy, again no details. How old is the drive?? what was it used for??
Who made it?? Which host adapter and controller is in it??
Does it even work?? Heck, Jack doesn't say a "working" drive, just a drive.

>     --image scanner that attaches to most popular printers
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh good, a $100 item. Really adds value to this system!

>     --manuals and cables for everything
>
>     --system is mouse-based -- similar to a Mac in operation.
>
>     --great color graphics on this thing.  Mac-heads may not care about
>       this, but people with vision love it.
>
>     --includes heaps of software for word processing, desktop publishing,
>       graphics applications, music, MIDI, games.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Would be nice if Jack said which software he is including. Or does Jack simply
mean that lots of SW is available?

>     --with a little extra hardware, this computer can run Mac software
>       faster than a Mac SE, and PC software faster than an IBM AT.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, let's see. Spectre 128 = $170, MAC 128K ROMS = $150 total = $329
Spectre GCR = $299 MAC 128K ROMS = $150 Total = $449
PC DITTO II = $300

>     --Dealer and user support in Mpls/St. Paul and all other large cities
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jack, is that a promise?? Have you investigated " all other large cities"?
How can you make such a statement? Especially to "comp.sys.atari.st"!

>     Please help a semi-impoverished college student survive!
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds more like a Used Car SalesSlime to me! If Jack can sell this 1040ST
for $1500 I should let him sell my 3 year old 520ST also!! Heck, I have
upped it to 1 meg, it has a color monitor, and an 85 meg drive. So, I should
get $1500 for it, right??

>     This entire system for sale for the amazingly low price of $1500.
                                                                  ^^^^^^^^^
Oh wow!! And after you pay Jack $1500 I have a bridge to sell you!

>     (Any reasonable offers will be considered, of course)
>
>     Jack Nutting
>     c/o Carleton College
>     Northfield, MN 55057
>     (507)663-4613

Gowd, I can't believe this. I can buy a brand new 1040ST with color monitor
for about $800, and get a brand new 85 meg FAST FAST (28 ms) hard drive
from TOAD COMPUTERS for about $709. And if you wait a couple of months you
will be able to buy a new 1040STe for the same price.

My feeling is that a used ST is worth at max 50 cents on the dollar versus a
new ST. So, I wouldn't offer this guy more then $700-$800 for his system,
including the color monitor and the hard drive..

Another thing, whhy did Jack go into so much detail describing basic features
of the ST?? Doesn't Jack realize that this is "comp.sys.atari.st"? What does
Jack think, that we don't know what a 1040ST is?

A shorter ad would read:

Used 1040ST, color monitor, printhead image scanner, 50 meg hard drive
With manuals
$800.

See, 3 lines says it all.

People like Jack should read more articles from this newsgroup before posting.
A small little ad is more effective then this long bloated ad!

--
 Richard E. Covert, Lead Engineer of Software Tools Group
 AG Communications Systems, Phoenix AZ   (602) - 581-4652

bohannon@paul.rutgers.edu (Philip Bohannon) (06/01/90)

Greetings,

We have, for sale:

	Atari 1040ST, Color, light use & excellent condition	$700
	Atari 30Meg Hard Drive	<1Yr old			$500
	Timeworks Publisher					$100

Or, get the whole setup for $1200.

Contact:

Philip or Julia Bohannon

bsc835!pbohanno@uunet.uu.net

(205) 879-6874

rogers@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Bob Rogers) (08/20/90)

For Sale:
All of the following for $695 (or offer) + shipping (UPS COD):
 - Atari 1040 STf (unmodified) (built-in MIDI ports)
 - Atari SC1224 color monitor (original model)
 - 1st Word (word processor)
 - Neochrome (drawing program)
 - BASIC (language)
 - Logo (language)
I will listen to reasonable offers!

--
----
Bob Rogers                         rogers@npdiss1.stpaul.ncr.com

rogers@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Bob Rogers) (08/27/90)

For Sale:
>> Due to underwhelming response I've knocked $100 off the price. <<
All of the following for $595 (or offer) + shipping (UPS cash COD):
 - Atari 1040 STf (unmodified) (built-in MIDI ports)
 - Atari SC1224 color monitor (original model)
 - 1st Word (word processor)
 - Neochrome (drawing program)
 - BASIC (language)
 - Logo (language)
Make me an offer!
(Call Bob Rogers 612-522-5657 or reply to rogers@stpaul.ncr.com.)
--
----
Bob Rogers                         rogers@stpaul.ncr.com
NCR Network Products Div.             (or) rogers@pnet51.cts.com
St. Paul, MN                       GEnie: R.C.ROGERS

delta@bucsf.bu.edu (peter tragakis) (10/04/90)

                        FOR SALE

Atari 1040st (1MB RAM)
30 MB Hard Disk (Megafile 30)
2 monitors: B&W (SM 124), Color (SC 1224)
1200 Baud Modem (SX 212)
Joystick
Software:
          Word Perfect
	  DB Man (database)
	  Publish it (Desktop publishing)
	  LDW spreadsheats (Lotus 1-2-3 compatible)
	  Hard Disk Utilities
	  Games
	  Plus more software in Hard Disk
     (All software is original and comes with manuals)

            Call Nick at (617) 789-4447

            OR E-mail : delta@bucsf.bu.edu
		        clxp56c@buacca

gaz@apollo.HP.COM (Gary Zaidenweber) (11/17/90)

ATARI 1040ST HARDWARE and SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR SALE

                                                    piece-price
    1040 ST with Joystick and internal                  $450
        battery-backed-up clock
    SC1224 Color Monitor                                $175
    IB Drives external 5.25" 360K floppy drive          $150
    all cables, documentation and packaging          included
                                                        ----
    total piece-price:                                  $775
                                                       <><><>
    Entire system price:                                $700

If you buy the entire system, I'll toss in, at no extra charge,
commercial programs including Wordprocessing, Drawing, Games
and "Printout" software -- I'll be happy to send details on
request. In addition, I also have about 50-60 3.5" 720K Floppies,
and something like 20 5.25" 360K floppies. Some are empty, some
filled with freeware and shareware. I'll include these too if
you buy the whole system.

I also have an Okidata Microline 92 printer with the Plug-and-Play
(IBM/EPSON-compatibility) ROM package and the High-speed Serial
Port Option -- either or both can be installed or not at your
choice. I'd like $100.00 for it, but that's negotiable too.

Please don't be too shy to email your offers for all or part
to me at 'gaz@apollo.hp.com'. Everything is negotiable.

Gary Zaidenweber         +1-508-256-6600x4360    | You're only young
Apollo Systems Division, Hewlett Packard Company | once, but if you
UUCP:   {umix|decvax|mit-eddie}!apollo!gaz       | do it right,
ARPA:   gaz@apollo.HP.COM FAX: +1-508-250-4943   | once is enough!

bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu (Brian Grave) (01/16/91)

I've got an original Atari 1040 ST for sale (just the cpu).

	- Original Tos in ROM
	- Built-in RF modulator for use with color TV
	- Computer/TV switchbox and cable so it's ready to hook
		up to the TV and use.
	- Internal DS/DD 3.5-in disk drive.
	- Mouse
	- ST Basic

$400 or best offer.  We'll discuss the shipping.

I also have Battletech - The crecent hawks inception  -  $15.

--
Brian Grave					bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu

"Bill my friend..."
	"Yes Ted my friend?"
"This has been a most excellent adventure."

root@apollo.HP.COM ( root) (01/23/91)

From: gaz@apollo.HP.COM (Gary Zaidenweber)

ATARI 1040ST HARDWARE and SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR SALE

                                                    piece-price
    1040 ST with Joystick and internal                  $350
        battery-backed-up clock
    SC1224 Color Monitor                                $175
    IB Drives external 5.25" 360K floppy drive          $125
    all cables, documentation and packaging          included
                                                        ----
    total piece-price:                                  $650
                                                       <><><>
    Entire system package price:                        $575

If you buy the entire system, I'll toss in, at no extra charge,
commercial programs including Wordprocessing, Drawing, Games
and "Printout" software -- I'll be happy to send details on
request. In addition, I also have about 40-50 3.5" 720K Floppies,
and something like 20 5.25" 360K floppies. Some are empty, some
filled with freeware and shareware. I'll include these too if
you buy the whole system.

I also have an Okidata Microline 92 printer with the Plug-and-Play
(IBM/EPSON-compatibility) ROM package and the High-speed Serial
Port Option -- either or both can be installed or not at your
choice. I'd like $100.00 for it, but that's negotiable too.

Please don't be too shy to email your offers for all or part
to me at 'gaz@apollo.hp.com'. Everything is negotiable.

Gary Zaidenweber         +1-508-256-6600x4360    | You're only young
Apollo Systems Division, Hewlett Packard Company | once, but if you
UUCP:   {umix|decvax|mit-eddie}!apollo!gaz       | do it right,
ARPA:   gaz@apollo.HP.COM FAX: +1-508-250-4943   | once is enough!

chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) (01/25/91)

where are you at i am at cali does that inlude shipping.also i will give 500
maybe what do you think.
----
ProLine:  chuckie@pro-odyssey
Internet: chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie
ARPA:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie@nosc.mil

d_alvear@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dom Alvear) (03/16/91)

     - Atari 1040ST CPU:
          All standard features, plus
          Internal Clock Card
          Tweety Board
          JRI 4096 Color Board
          MegaTouch Springs
     - Atari SC1224 Color Monitor
     - Atari SM124 Monochrome Monitor
     - Monitor Master
     - Atari SH204 20MB HD
     - NEC P2200 24-Pin Printer
     - Avatex 1200 Baud Modem
     - Mouse Master
     - Suncom Slik Stik Joysticks (2)
     - Included Software:
          1st Word Plus v3.14                     Klax
          Thunder ST (Spell Checker)              Blockout
          Partner ST (Multi-function DA w/        Tetris
                      thesaurus)                  California Games
          Timeworks DTP ST                        Space Station Oblivion
          PrintMaster Plus                        plus 10MB of PD/Shareware
          LabelMaster Elite                       on the HD
     - Price: $1,650 obo.

This makes an excellent first system or second system for the kids.  I don't
want to part with it, but I need the $$$.  I paid well over $2000 for the
whole thing.  Please don't let this system go to waste.  The ST is a great
computer for word processing, MIDI, putting out small newsletters, PLAYING
GAMES, etc.  Help me by buying this computer system, help yourself by getting
such a GREAT DEAL!

Please e-mail me if you are the least bit interested.  No reasonable offer
refused!

Dom Alvear

lattanzi@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Stephen C. Lattanzi) (04/10/91)

ATARI 1040ST For Sale
---------------------
1 MB RAM          720K Drive            Color Monitor
Software including:  Modula II compiler, Flight Simulator,
                     EZ Score II (music score-writing program
                                  using MIDI interface),
                     UniTerm (public domain terminal emulator),
                     and the software that comes with the machine
                     (1st Word, BASIC, Logo, NEOChrome)
---------------------
In excellent condition.  $300.
Send inquiries to:  Steve Lattanzi (lattanzi@eleazar.dartmouth.edu)

pazzani@ICS.UCI.EDU (Michael Pazzani) (04/15/91)

For sale: Atari 1040 ST computer with color monitor.
Never used. $650

Call Diana: (714) 960-0095

I am posting this for a friend.  I don't know anything else about the
computer, but I'm willing to relay questions or offers to her.

Mike Pazzani
pazzani@ics.uci.edu

ckj@cbnewsb.cb.att.com (clester.keaton) (05/23/91)

Atari 1040 ST with PCDITTO II and Tweety Board Installed.
Color Monitor, external 5.25 drive, 20 meg hard drive, and
software. $1200.00.