[comp.sys.atari.st] : -)

hofer@urz.unibas.ch (Remo Hofer) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.114007.22430@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>,
csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) writes:

> ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
>>Jerry Pournelle in his 'review' in Byte also commented on this delay.  He
>>made it seem like his TT waited for several minutes however.
>
> Which sheds some light on the way he likes to test gadgets. He would only
> have to press any key...

But where is any key located on your keyboard? I couldn't find it on mine. :-)
Remo Hofer
--
       RFC822:  <hofer@urz.unibas.ch> or <hofer%urz.unibas.ch@CERNVAX.BITNET>
        X.400:  S=hofer;OU=urz;O=unibas;P=SWITCH;A=ARCOM;C=CH

jimomura@lsuc.on.ca (Jim Omura) (05/30/91)

In article <1991May29.110338.1580@urz.unibas.ch> hofer@urz.unibas.ch (Remo Hofer) writes:
>In article <1991May28.114007.22430@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>,
>csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) writes:
>>
>> ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
>>>Jerry Pournelle in his 'review' in Byte also commented on this delay.  He
>>>made it seem like his TT waited for several minutes however.
>>
>> Which sheds some light on the way he likes to test gadgets. He would only
>> have to press any key...

     Actually, I would have done exactly the same thing he did.
On any complex system you never know if it's fully debugged.  If
you hit a key during boot, and there's a bug, you might just cause
a crash.  There's no way to know.  Unless told otherwise, the safest
thing to do while a system is trying to boot and just sit there
and stare at the screen.

>But where is any key located on your keyboard? I couldn't find it on mine. :-)

     Well it's only on the North American versions. ;-)

--
Jim Omura, 2A King George's Drive, Toronto, (416) 652-3880
lsuc!jimomura