[comp.sys.atari.st] Mac fonts

pete@minster.york.ac.uk (05/30/91)

In article <1991May28.202026.24719@cs.cmu.edu> redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) writes:
>I'd like to try converting some mac fonts to GDOS format, but all the
>ftp font archives have the mac fonts compressed using something that
>creates .sit and .hqx extensions.
>
>Does anybody know of any way I can uncompress these files on either my
>ST or a unix system (before down loading) ?
>
>                            Thanks in advance,
>
>                                    Red/.

There _used to_ be an archive full of Mac fonts (Geneva, Chicago, Elvish and
a few other bits'n'pieces) converted to GDOS format on the Atari archive at
uk.ac.lancs.pdsoft. (You can't access it from the Internet, it's only
on JANET). I did download it at one point and play with the fonts
inside Degas and EasyDraw, but I don't have them any more....

...soooooo...

does anyone know if it's still there and what the easiest way for Redmond
to get hold of it if it does?

	Pete
--
Dept. of Computer Science|INTERNET: pete@minster.york.ac.uk
University of York       |UUCP:     {the world}!ukc!minster!pete