[comp.sys.atari.st] The inexorable STacy???

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu ( EVENSONG) (05/25/91)

I never see STacy's for sale on the net.  Is it that they are not sold
that much, or that people are so happy with them that they never want to
get rid of them?

swood
--
 ---- Insert favorite .signature here ----	| swood@argo.acs.oakland.edu
						| swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu
Bitnet:		swood@Oakland			| swood@unix.secs.oakland.edu
  UUCP:		...!uunet!umich!{vela, argo, unix, nucleus}!swood

slammy@admiral.UUCP (Dave Litchman) (05/29/91)

swood@vela.acs.oakland.edu ( EVENSONG) writes:

> I never see STacy's for sale on the net.  Is it that they are not sold
> that much, or that people are so happy with them that they never want to
> get rid of them?

1) STacy's are not all that widespread. Last I heard, they still only had
their FCC Classification B rating. Meaning that they can only be sold for
professional purposes.

2) STacy's only come out in the last year or so. There's nothing to
replace them yet (for die-hard Atarians, anyway) so there's no reason to
sell one if you have one.

3) STacy's are excellent laptop computers. If I had one, I wouldn't sell
it either!

slammy@admiral.UUCP (Dave Litchman)
The Grid/Magpie and /Waffle BBS
(HST/V32) 203-661-1279 (PEP/V32) -2873 (V32) -0450 (V29/MNP6) -2967
Multiplayer Games, Multicolor Chat, Multibbses, Multifun!

mc4c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mark Choi) (05/31/91)

I'm thinkin' of sellin' mine.