[comp.sys.atari.st] ST code or C source for uncomp

Mick_Schmidt@hb.maus.de (Mick Schmidt) (06/01/91)

RE>creates .sit and .hqx extensions.
RE>
RE>Does anybody know of any way I can uncompress these files on either my
RE>ST or a unix system (before down loading) ?

Nope. .sit is the extension from the Mac Packer StuffIt and .hqx ist from
BinHex (something like uuencode or btoa).
As far as I know the only possibility for you to unpack that stuff is somebody
with a Mac or Spectre and the needed programs. :-(

G'Day Mick
--
Michael Schmidt       | Mausnet: Mick Schmidt @ HB             | Hear me now
Kopenhagener Str. 145 | Fido   : Mick Schmidt%Maus HB (242/2.6)| and believe

rjast1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Robert J Anisko) (06/03/91)

In article <63533@hb.maus.de> Mick_Schmidt@hb.maus.de (Mick Schmidt) writes:

>RE>creates .sit and .hqx extensions.
>RE>
>RE>Does anybody know of any way I can uncompress these files on either my
>RE>ST or a unix system (before down loading) ?
>
>Nope. .sit is the extension from the Mac Packer StuffIt and .hqx ist from

  I've seen a program somewhere that lets a ST unpack a SIT file - not
sure what it's called, but the best place to look would be atari.archive...

					Robert Anisko
					rjast1@cis.unix.pitt.edu