[comp.sys.atari.st] Personal Pascal 2

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (06/01/91)

Personal Pascal 2 Question
""""""""""""""""""""""""""
I just read that HiSoft is going to drop Personal Pascal 2 and as
a true Personal Pascal lover I wondered about some things that I
think someone out on the net migth help with:

When I bought Personal Pascal 2 i got it with these program versions:

Gem shell   2.02        (the newest version of the whole package
Compiler    2.0          is 2.05 and I desperatly need this !!!!)
Linker      2.02

However - There is a bug i the Compiler that messes up something
with the GEM system.  After x number of compilations everything
locks up.  Even if I run the compiler only once som programs go
bananas afterward if I try to run them.  If I run the compiler
without GEM (as a TOS program) this does not happend....

Is there anyone out there who knows WHERE I can get the NEWEST
versions of the GEM SHELL, the COMPILER and the LINKER.  I know
there is a newer version of the compiler and I simply MUST have it.

I could ask HiSoft, but I won't switch to their new Pascal (to many
programs to convert and to expensive to buy a whole new system..)

Any help would be great !!!!

 Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST
__________/ ______________________/   ____/   /   Klubben,  user association

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (06/02/91)

In article <CMM.0.90.2.675783322.larserio@kvart.ifi.uio.no>, larserio@ifi.uio.no writes:
>Personal Pascal 2 Question
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>I just read that HiSoft is going to drop Personal Pascal 2 and as
>a true Personal Pascal lover I wondered about some things that I
>think someone out on the net migth help with:

ICD distributes Personal Pascal.  If you do find out anything about an upgrade
policy (or lack therein) could you please post or email me?

--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear

elmar@lut.ac.uk (Mohammad A. Rahin) (06/02/91)

In article <CMM.0.90.2.675783322.larserio@kvart.ifi.uio.no> larserio@ifi.uio.no writes:
>Personal Pascal 2 Question
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>I just read that HiSoft is going to drop Personal Pascal 2 and as
>a true Personal Pascal lover I wondered about some things that I
>think someone out on the net migth help with:

	[stuff deleted]

>I could ask HiSoft, but I won't switch to their new Pascal (to many
>programs to convert and to expensive to buy a whole new system..)

You read it right. They are now selling High Speed pascal, a product from
Denmark. This is introduced as compatible to Turbo Pascal 5.0 on the PC. Like
Turbo Pascal it allows compilation to memory as well as to disk. Compilation
speed is rated at about 20,000 lines per minute. The product comes with quite a
few precompiled units that allow easy porting of Turbo Pascal programs from the
PC to the ST platform. The price in UK for Version 1.1 is 99 pounds sterling
(most likely to include VAT, value added tax at 17.5%). There is a special
upgrade deal for the Personal Pascal users. Contact Hisoft or their dealer for
deatils.
All the above information are from Hisoft's brochure and I am no way connected
to Hisoft.

>Any help would be great !!!!

I hope the above information would be useful to you.

> Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
>  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST

- Rahin

freds@hpspdra.spd.HP.COM (Fred Saavedra) (06/04/91)

I Thought that ICD distributes Personal Pascal, any that who
I bought my copy from. Who Is HIGH SOFT?