[comp.sys.atari.st] My stupidity

n160ao@tamuts.tamu.edu (Mark Lehmann) (05/28/91)

I retrieved the SOZOBON compiler *.zoo files from the USA archive in
michigan.  Since I don't have a un-zoo program, I retrieved that too.

I have a problem though.  The sozobon files have directory names that
I want to keep.  If I use the novice "zoo -extract" command, all of the
files are retrieved without pathname.  I looked at the man pages and
tried the followin command:

    zoo {x}[//] d:\term\download\sozobon1.zoo

But zoo doesn't understand and just give me the usage line.  Would someone
tell me the proper zoo command and flags needed to retrieve zoo files with
their original pathnames.

Thanks.

BTW is anyone interested in the information that I received about modem
control status.  I'll be glad to post the mail that I got.

Mark Lehmann
tamuts.tamu.edu!n160ao

klute@tommy.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Rainer Klute) (05/28/91)

In article <16582@helios.TAMU.EDU>, n160ao@tamuts.tamu.edu (Mark Lehmann)
writes:
|> I looked at the man pages and
|> tried the followin command:
|>
|>     zoo {x}[//] d:\term\download\sozobon1.zoo
|>
|> But zoo doesn't understand and just give me the usage line.

Hmm, well, you should not actually type the braces and brackets. They are
metasymbols meaning you *must* type one of the characters in the braces and
you *may* take one (or more) from those in brackets. You should try the

--
  Dipl.-Inform. Rainer Klute      klute@irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Univ. Dortmund, IRB             klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet

hunt@jjmhome.UUCP (Tad J. Hunt) (05/28/91)

Yes!! Please post the info about the modem control lines!
Thanks!
  Tad

Alex.Valdez@actrix.gen.nz (Alex Valdez) (05/30/91)

In article <16582@helios.TAMU.EDU> n160ao@tamuts.tamu.edu (Mark Lehmann) writes:
> I have a problem though.  The sozobon files have directory names that
> I want to keep.  If I use the novice "zoo -extract" command, all of the
> files are retrieved without pathname.  I looked at the man pages and
> tried the followin command:
>
>     zoo {x}[//] d:\term\download\sozobon1.zoo
>
> But zoo doesn't understand and just give me the usage line.  Would someone
> tell me the proper zoo command and flags needed to retrieve zoo files with
> their original pathnames.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark Lehmann
> tamuts.tamu.edu!n160ao

Were you trying to run zoo from the desktop and do you have TOS 1.0?
The TOS 1.0 desktop converts all TTP parameters to uppercase. So,
instead of zoo seeing a -x option, it sees -X which it doesn't
understand. Try using a CLI (one that doesn't convert parameters to
--
================================Alex Valdez=============================
"Alas sais na naman, oras ng pagdidili-dili...

plinio@turing.seas.ucla.edu (Plinio Barbeito) (06/06/91)

In article <16582@helios.TAMU.EDU> n160ao@tamuts.tamu.edu (Mark Lehmann) writes:
>I have a problem though.  The sozobon files have directory names that
>I want to keep.  If I use the novice "zoo -extract" command, all of the
>files are retrieved without pathname.  I looked at the man pages and
>tried the followin command:
>
>    zoo {x}[//] d:\term\download\sozobon1.zoo

I think the equivalent novice command for extracting full pathnames is

zoo -restore yourzoofile.zoo

By now, of course, you have probably figured out how to use x//...

plin
--
----- ---- --- -- ------ ---- --- -- - -  -  plinio@seas.ucla.edu
PAra-NOia will DEStroy-YAAaaa...

jgp@fct.unl.pt (Jose Goncalo Pedro) (06/07/91)

In article <1991May30.110730.3478@actrix.gen.nz> Alex.Valdez@actrix.gen.nz (Alex Valdez) writes:
   In article <16582@helios.TAMU.EDU> n160ao@tamuts.tamu.edu (Mark Lehmann) writes:
   > I have a problem though.  The sozobon files have directory names that
   > I want to keep.  If I use the novice "zoo -extract" command, all of the
   > files are retrieved without pathname.  I looked at the man pages and
   > tried the followin command:
   >
   >     zoo {x}[//] d:\term\download\sozobon1.zoo

   [...]
   Were you trying to run zoo from the desktop and do you have TOS 1.0?
   The TOS 1.0 desktop converts all TTP parameters to uppercase. So,
   instead of zoo seeing a -x option, it sees -X which it doesn't
   understand. Try using a CLI (one that doesn't convert parameters to

Or maybe you could try:
  zoo x// d:\term\download\sozobon1.zoo

(i.e., without the {}[]).
if you are using some comand shell, and not the desktop, maybe you
should use / instead of \ in the pathname...
-jp

--
Jose Goncalo Pedro                    BITNET/Internet: jgp@fct.unl.pt
 |   Departamento de Informatica   +----------------------------------+
 |   Universidade Nova de Lisboa      2825 Monte Caparica, PORTUGAL   |