[comp.sys.atari.st] XTERM.COM, Communications software

6600hien@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Hien Le) (06/02/91)

Hi! Does anyone know where I can get XTERM.COM
(communications software)?  Thanks.

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (06/03/91)

In article <11778@hub.ucsb.edu>, 6600hien@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Hien Le) writes:

>Hi! Does anyone know where I can get XTERM.COM
>(communications software)?  Thanks.

The .com would indicate an IBM PC compatible executable.  For the Atari
ST, you want an external 1200 or 2400 baud Hayes compatible modem.  As for
software, I would recommend Flash 1.6 (available via mail order for about
$15) as is it very easy to use.  Later, if you want more extensive terminal
emulation, you can obtain Uniterm 2.0e free from the net or PD disk house.
Again, I would recommend Flash for a beginner.

--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear

wolfram@cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Wolfram Roesler) (06/07/91)

6600hien@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Hien Le) writes:

>Hi! Does anyone know where I can get XTERM.COM

You mean that great little X-Modem terminal prg for the portfolio? I GOT IT!!!
It's on the portfolio in my pocket right beside me... If you are interested
I'll send it to you in uuencoded form, it' just about 4 KB.
Or is there any interest in a public posting?

CU
\/\/olfram