[comp.sys.atari.st] Umich atari

miked@syscon.rn.com (Mike DeMetz) (06/06/91)

Anyone know what happened to atari@atari.archive.umich.edu server?
I have gotten no reponse to requests in about 2 months.

ZVD007@DMSWWU1C.BITNET (Ulrich Kuehn) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun5.180751.4838@syscon.rn.com>, miked@syscon.rn.com (Mike
DeMetz) says:

>Anyone know what happened to atari@atari.archive.umich.edu server?
>I have gotten no reponse to requests in about 2 months.

atari.archive is now at 141.211.164.8

U.Kuehn

Roger.Sheppard@actrix.gen.nz (Roger Sheppard) (06/07/91)

In article <91157.183707ZVD007@DMSWWU1C.BITNET> Ulrich Kuehn <ZVD007@DMSWWU1C.BITNET> writes:
> In article <1991Jun5.180751.4838@syscon.rn.com>, miked@syscon.rn.com (Mike
> DeMetz) says:
> >
> >Anyone know what happened to atari@atari.archive.umich.edu server?
> >I have gotten no reponse to requests in about 2 months.
>
> atari.archive is now at 141.211.164.8
>
> U.Kuehn

Is this not the server for people that don't have FTP access, also
refered to as BART..
how do we now access it when we don't have FTP access ?.

--
***  Roger W. Sheppard        *    Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz  ***
***  85 Donovan Rd          *  *   At least I don't Flicker, not     ***

brode@math.lsa.umich.edu (Jon Brode) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun07.123436.18023@actrix.gen.nz> Roger.Sheppard@actrix.gen.nz (Roger Sheppard) writes:
>Is this not the server for people that don't have FTP access, also
>refered to as BART..

We do both ftp and BART. (Brode's Archive Retrieval Thang)

>how do we now access it when we don't have FTP access ?.

Good question. Send a message to atari@atari.archive.umich.edu. The body
of the message should read "help". BART will send you back a help file
that explains everything. Send me a message if you have any questions.
I may be a bit spotty on Atari software these days, but I believe that
I am eminently qualified to answer BART questions.

Jon Brode  --  jon@atari.archive.umich.edu	brode@math.lsa.umich.edu
 Supreme Allied Commander of the Umich Atari Posse