[comp.sys.atari.st] gcr

avogel@ms.uky.edu (Andrew Lee Vogel) (12/04/89)

Could someone reply to me with information (a phone number) on where
I could buy (today) a Spectre GCR with Roms. Thanks for any help.
Andy

chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) (05/31/91)

can specture gcr use apple system 7?how much memory does the atari need to
run it since on a mac it needs mnionimum of 2 megs.?
----
ProLine:  chuckie@pro-odyssey
Internet: chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie
ARPA:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie@nosc.mil

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (06/03/91)

In article <1991May31.105652.19252@crash.cts.com> chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) writes:
>can specture gcr use apple system 7?how much memory does the atari need to
>run it since on a mac it needs mnionimum of 2 megs.?

Spectre (ver. 3.0) is not yet able to use System 7. There are some memory-
related problems. I tried it with 3840k free and all I got was a bomb.

We are waiting for the magic touch of Gadgeteers here...

* Jari Lehto     *     90-387939      * Jari.Lehto@hut.fi     * Music, love & *
* Tenavatie 19 A *     90-382887      * jartsu@vipunen.hut.fi * friendship!   *
* 00760 HELSINKI *    94040/02887     * jartsu@otax.hut.fi    * Garlic, beer &*
* Finland	 * fax +358 0 8735916 * s37837k@saha.hut.fi   * sausage!      *

topo@intacc.uucp (Topo Davis) (06/04/91)

In article <1991May31.105652.19252@crash.cts.com> chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul)  writes:

>can specture gcr use apple system 7?how much memory does the atari need to
>run it since on a mac it needs mnionimum of 2 megs.?
>----
>ProLine:  chuckie@pro-odyssey
>Internet: chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com
>UUCP:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie
>ARPA:     crash!pro-odyssey!chuckie@nosc.mil
I was checking with Dave Small yesterday through the Gadgets RT on Genie. He
says it doesn't run yet. Not even the installer. But being the genius he is,
coupled with the fact that he has managed to get every other system to work on
GCR, he should figure it out soon. He says he will be possibly posting an
interim software upgrade. System 7 needs at least a 2 meg Mac Plus to run. The
system uses a minimum of 1 meg for itself. That's the BARE minimum.

marclaan@neabbs.UUCP (MARC LAAN) (06/06/91)

>can GCR run Sys 7
We didn't succeed in running Sys 7.0 on ST (1040 witch 2.5 meg Ram).
Even in the most minimal configurations we got a 'not enough
memory'-alert. We notified GBS by fax, but didn't get reponse yet.
On our Mac Plus evrything runs fine. In both cases we used the golden
master CD-ROM-version of System 7 (i.e. the US version) on our
European systems.

mc4c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mark Choi) (06/08/91)

I do not know what is up with Dave, but I got the installer to work just fine.
System 7 wouldn't boot, of course:(

			-mark-

Alex.Valdez@actrix.gen.nz (Alex Valdez) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun2.211051.13430@nntp.hut.fi> s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) writes:
> In article <1991May31.105652.19252@crash.cts.com> chuckie@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Chuck Schul) writes:
> >can specture gcr use apple system 7?how much memory does the atari need to
> >run it since on a mac it needs mnionimum of 2 megs.?
>
> Spectre (ver. 3.0) is not yet able to use System 7. There are some memory-
> related problems. I tried it with 3840k free and all I got was a bomb.
>
> We are waiting for the magic touch of Gadgeteers here...
>
> * Jari Lehto     *     90-387939      * Jari.Lehto@hut.fi     * Music, love & *
> * Tenavatie 19 A *     90-382887      * jartsu@vipunen.hut.fi * friendship!   *
> * 00760 HELSINKI *    94040/02887     * jartsu@otax.hut.fi    * Garlic, beer &*
> * Finland	 * fax +358 0 8735916 * s37837k@saha.hut.fi   * sausage!      *

Dave Small was quoted in the latest STReport that he was working on
fixing it and didn't expect too much of a problem.
--
"Alas sais na naman, oras ng pagdidili-dili...