[comp.sys.atari.st] New version of BASH 1.05 for MiNT

dpg@cs.nott.ac.uk (Dave Gymer) (06/06/91)

I've just finished a new version of MiNT-BASH 1.05. Question is, do people
want me to post the binary to atari.archive or will the diffs (from the
original (but patched) distribution) suffice?

The new version has the follow advantages over Eric Smith's original port:

	o It's about 30k smaller (not much :-( )
	o It doesn't die if given a 14 char filename (Minix partition)
	o You can now put a hostname in PS1/PS2 prompts (I call my machine
		tiny68)
	o It doesn't appear to suffer from the bug afflicting both BASH
		and ksh which causes them to send themselves SIGSTOP at a
		random point in time. (I haven't found the bug, though.)

If anyone wants any other particular features, nows the time to say so. :-)
--
/* 'Grave' Dave Gymer --------- Internet: dpg@Cs.Nott.AC.UK *\
+* 42 St Marys Park, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 0EF, England *+

erlingh@sigyn.idt.unit.no (Erling Henanger) (06/08/91)

Please send binaries and patches, maybe as two separate files if the
patches are big.
Erling.
--
       _______    _____  	 o	     ____       Erling Henanger
      /___       /____/ /       /   /|  /   /           Norwegian Institute

dpg@cs.nott.ac.uk (Dave Gymer) (06/10/91)

In article <ERLINGH.91Jun8132005@sigyn.idt.unit.no> erlingh@sigyn.idt.unit.no (Erling Henanger) writes:
>Please send binaries and patches, maybe as two separate files if the
>patches are big.

Everyone who has replied so far has asked for binaries, so I've now sent them
off. The diffs are very small, and are included in the .zoo. Enjoy!

You'll have to report any bugs to me soon, as I won't have any access to the
net from the start of July until the start of October.