[comp.sys.atari.st] DMJ_GIF 2.0

v115lue3@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Philip M Smolin) (06/15/91)

If anyone does have 2.0; please upload it to atari.archive.
Thank you.

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com (06/16/91)

DMJ gif 2.0 is slow.   Why would anyone want it?

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com

iws9060@eva.fmi.uni-passau.de (Thorsten Guenther) (06/16/91)

In article <43363@cup.portal.com> Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com writes:
>DMJ gif 2.0 is slow.   Why would anyone want it?
>

>Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com

OK, DMJ_GIF IS slow, but it produces very high quality (so does v.1.0).
But v.1.0 has lots of bugs and I am missing some options in it. That means,
v.1.0 is unable to handle interlaced gifs, it does not have a default
proportional convert mode and it won't run in 50Hz mode correctly. I'm sure
that at least one or two of these are changed in v.2.0. So, if you have it,
please upload it to atari.archive.

                                         Thorsten Guenther
                                         aka Weregoose

- No promise is honest in a world of change -- Warlock: I rule the ruins      -

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com (06/19/91)

I will post DMJ Gif 2.0 within the next week..  I just got my 2400 baud
mnp5 and want to test it, heh..

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com