[comp.sys.atari.st] Double click software

davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu (06/19/91)

In article <sgHs41w164w@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca>, mforget@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Michel Forget) writes:
> dh@tardis.cs.ed.ac.uk writes:
>...If they're listening now, though, I
> wonder if they will ever write a program that allows you to change paths
> on your hard drive from a "tree"?  This would be a good program, since
> GEM is such a pain to use when you want to go several layers deep.

DC Desktop has the ability to place folders on the desktop, so I guess they've
already addressed your problem.

In a similar vein, I came across a program posted to GENIE last week called
LOGDRIVE -- it basically let's you set a folder on your hard drive as a logical
drive.  I haven't used it yet (too many other things to do last week...), but
I can see about posting it to the atari.archive site if it isn't already there.
I don't remember if the program is shareware or no...

--

David Paschall-Zimbel		davidli@simvax.labmed.umn.edu

mforget@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Michel Forget) (06/19/91)

dh@tardis.cs.ed.ac.uk writes:

> I've just heard about DC softwares commitment to produce one program per
> week for this year to show their commitmet to the ST.

Areyou sure about this figure?  That seems like quite a bit.  The people
at DC write excellent programs.  If they're listening now, though, I
wonder if they will ever write a program that allows you to change paths
on your hard drive from a "tree"?  This would be a good program, since
GEM is such a pain to use when you want to go several layers deep.  With
a few default paths, this could be a really nice program.  The ohter
programs I have seen from them (DC Topper most recently) are quite
impressive.

<<  ----------------------------------  >>
<<  ersys!mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca  >>
<<     mforget@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca     >>
<<            Michel Forget             >>
<<     "He's dead, Jim..." - Bones      >>
<<  ----------------------------------  >>

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (06/19/91)

In article <sent.Tue.Jun.18.18:18:33.GMT.1991.via.CS.TARDIS>, dh@tardis.cs.ed.ac.uk writes:
>I've just heard about DC softwares commitment to produce one program per
>week for this year to show their commitmet to the ST.
>
>As a journalist abuot to write an article on DC, I'd like to hear from
>someone at Double Click to tell me more about this. I reckon we must
>be nearly halfway through the year now, so have 26 programs been released?

Take a peek in the DC directory on atari.archive.  I don't know about 26
this year, but there has been lots of really neat stuff released recently.

By the way, before I got Neodesk I used to use DCshowit (and loved it).
Unfortunetely you cannot use it from within Neodesk.  Any chance of a
stand alone .ttp version for us Neodesk folks?
--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun19.152508.12255@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu writes:
>By the way, before I got Neodesk I used to use DCshowit (and loved it).
>Unfortunetely you cannot use it from within Neodesk.  Any chance of a
>stand alone .ttp version for us Neodesk folks?

They have released a commercial version known as DC Shower (show-er, not
shauer) which will work from Neodesk.  I believe cost is $29.95, sounds like
a fine program.
 # Bill Sheppard  --  bills@microware.com  --  {uunet,sun}!mcrware!mwca!bill  #
 # Microware Systems Corporation -- OS-9 / OS-9000 / CD-RTOS -- (408)980-0201 #
 ##### Opinions expressed are my own, though you'd be wise to adopt them! #####