[comp.sys.atari.st] Spectrum converters

larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) (06/21/91)

Are looking for the following programs:
1)  GIF to Spectrum converter that can use STE palett (4096 colors)
2)  IFF to Spectrum converter that can use STE palett (4096 colors)
3)  Spectrum to GIF converter that handles STE palett (4096 colors)

 Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST
__________/ ______________________/   ____/   /   Klubben,  user association

avgroeni@cs.ruu.nl (Annius Groenink) (06/21/91)

In <CMM.0.90.2.677449819.larserio@kvart.ifi.uio.no> larserio@IFI.UIO.NO (LarsErikOsterud) writes:

>Are looking for the following programs:
>1)  GIF to Spectrum converter that can use STE palett (4096 colors)
>2)  IFF to Spectrum converter that can use STE palett (4096 colors)
>3)  Spectrum to GIF converter that handles STE palett (4096 colors)
>
> Lars-Erik  /  ABK-BBS +47 2132659  /   ____ ______ ________________________
>  Osterud  /  larserio@ifi.uio.no  /   /___    /            The norwegian ST

I happen to have written a GIF2SPU converter using 4096 colors. SOME pictures
are converted really nice (try SUNSET.GIF currently on alt.binaries.pictures).
I'll post it monday, if I won't forget. It DOES make 'corrupted' GIF pictures,
i.e. it uses all 16 palette entries, and spectrum.prg behaves real stupid with
them.

    Annius Groenink|undergraduate student
Laan van Borgele 24|maths/computer science at the
   7415 DJ Deventer|University of Utrecht, Holland.