[comp.sys.atari.st] Unwanted Amiga Input

pyr579@oz.plymouth.edu (Technoid) (06/27/91)

	You know, I'm really shocked! I've been an Atarian for over 6 years
I've had 8-bits and ST's. I've seen the Atari vs Commodore wars come and go.
I've enjoyed reading the news in comp.sys.atari.st but lately I can't enjoy
any of it without some posting about Amiga's "superiority" from some life-long
commodore die-hards. Great! This is comp.sys.atari.st not comp.sys.amiga.*
and these little battles and irritating posts do NOT belong here. Who is in
charge of this news group anyway? Usually I read down through every article
every day, but I'm not going to if I have to sift out Amiga propaganda all
the time. If these Amiga types want to toot their own horn in there news
group fine, but they shouldn't be cluttering up ours. It seems to me that
unless you are posting something significant about the Atari ST in this
group then your message shouldn't be here. It is too bad people can get
away with this harassment in our newsgroups. Try to E-mail to these
people and you get wise comments and manure back. Get them off our news group.

Stephan
Technoid
Atarian

--
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
  pyr579@oz.plymouth.edu      Stephan R. Cleaves      Salamanders Are Cool...

kawakami@earthquake.Berkeley.EDU (John Kawakami) (06/27/91)

WELLLLLL

I've used Atari computers for something like nine (9) years and I'm
REALLY tired of the Atari-Amiga wars (or is that Amiga-Atari wars:-/).
Let's be realistic here: for the time being, both machines are stagnant.
The only thing happening is the Video Toaster on the Amiga.  As far as
competing as a general use computer, both machines are beat out by
PCs and Macs.  Why can this be so, you ask.  After all, they both have
fine, overpowered and underpriced software and do whizbang things that
cost some serious bucks on PCs and Macs.  After all, both are really
COOL, Macs and PCs are for poseurs and rich-stupid people.  Why can
this be so?  The answer is compatibility.  Compatibility with the outside
world requires PC or Mac compatibility.  The strengths of these machines
lie in the amount of data you can access and the amount of work you can
exchange and disseminate.

OK, I've simplified.  The upper end Amigas are PC compatible.  You can
buy Mac and PC compatibility for both machines.  But to get this compat-
ibility, you must pay money.  Why bother; why not get the real thing and
be done with it.

If you don't hack, if you are not a hobbyist, you don't need an Amiga
or Atari.

*****

BTW, I will probably be using my Atari for some years to come.  It does
everything I expect of a computer, and I'm happy with that.  Once I start
expecting more that I get, I will move up to something more powerful.

John Kawakami                  kawakami@ocf.berkeley.edu
                               ucbvax!ocf.berkeley.edu!kawakami

mwm@pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun26.215519.22749@oz.plymouth.edu> pyr579@oz.plymouth.edu (Technoid) writes:
   Great! This is comp.sys.atari.st not comp.sys.amiga.*
   and these little battles and irritating posts do NOT belong here. Who is in
   charge of this news group anyway?

Nobody. That's the way usenet works.

However, you've got some nitwit Atari user (no, not all Atari users
are nitwits; this one is, though) who's made an obvious attempt to
start wars in many (all?) the Amiga groups. He wasn't even bright
enough to crosspost, but posted the same mesage to every group I read,
and presumably to all of them. You can seen the message below.

I've already sent him a note to discourage such behavior. You might do
it also. If nothing else, it's had the bad effect of causing me to
poke around in (and post to) an st group.

BTW, I'm not a life-long Commodore fan. The Amiga 3000 is the first
machine to come from CBM that I actually thought was worth spending
money on.

Now, I'll go send a note to to Thomas Hill to discourage him from
dropping turds in your group.

	<mike

*** Attached message ****

From: minidis@urz.unibas.ch
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.audio
Subject: Not again ATARI-VS-AMIGA!
Date: 27 Jun 91 13:22:43 GMT

Hi AMIGA freaks,

I a lot of you guys, and most of them are okay, even though they still
do a lot of copying and playing of games in spite of their `wonderful
desktop-pub.-progs`.

Well that is not the reason I write you guys, all I want to say is:

Get rid of that MOTHER****** who thinks he has to warm up the
ATARI-VS-AMIGA `WAR` again. I think we are all out of those chil-size-shoes,
don`t you ???

*** LIVE LONG AND PROSPER ***

Alexander, an ATARI-FREAK.
--