[comp.sys.atari.st] HD interfaces ICD vs. BMS

yonder@netcom.COM (Christopher Russell) (06/30/91)

I am planning a HD upgrade.  I have a SH204.  I'm thinking of selling
it and getting a SyQuest 44M removable.  Ultimately I would like to
have a fixed drive and the SyQuest hooked up.  Anyways, I would
usually figure that the ICD interface was the way to go, but I have
seen alot of messages about the BMS interface here on the net.

Would anybody like to comment on the relative merits of the two
interfaces: price, availability, RELIABILITY, COMPATIBILITY, physical
size, performance, support and personal experiences.

In the compatibility area I would like to know how flexible the drive
is in the area of working with a large range of drives.  Also how
about GCR compatibility?

--
Christopher L. Russell (yonderboy)  Phone: (408)378-9078 Campbell,CA
yonder@netcom.COM or clr40@amail.amdahl.com or chrisr@leland.stanford.edu

carlos@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Carlos Borges) (06/30/91)

yonder@netcom.COM (Christopher Russell) writes:
>I am planning a HD upgrade.  I have a SH204.  I'm thinking of selling
>it and getting a SyQuest 44M removable.  Ultimately I would like to
>have a fixed drive and the SyQuest hooked up.  Anyways, I would
>usually figure that the ICD interface was the way to go, but I have
>seen alot of messages about the BMS interface here on the net.

I'm also thinking of getting one of those 44Meg removables.  Anyone know
_where_ I can get an ICD or BMS interface via mail-order?

What about price?

--
C. Miguel Borges                     "The philosophers have only interpretted
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada      the world in various ways;  the point