[comp.sys.atari.st] Help! -- SupraModem 2400+ Flow Control

mforget@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Michel Forget) (07/01/91)

Does anyone know how to use the SupraModem 2400+ with Zmodem?  I have
been able to use it fine with Ymodem-G for downloading, but there is no
version of Ymodem-G that supports uploading.  The fastest protocol I know
of that does support uploading is Zmodem, yet I can't make it work with
the modem.  My modem is connected at 9600 BPS to the computer as the
manual says it should, and I have Interlink set up to use RTS/CTS Flow
Control.  It works fine online.  When I try to download something, I
execute RZ 3.0 and that seems to work okay.  When I use SZ, though, I get
superfast sending for a while and then it repositions itself to 1K
offset.  It repeats the fast sending for a while, and then repositions
itself to 2K offset.  It continues in this manner until I abort.  Ymodem
uploads (from Interlink) work okay, but they are *SLOW*.  I think the
problem has to do with no Flow Control support in Zmodem, but I get a
smilar problem with DTerm.  I have Tos 1.4.  I also tried installing a
program called Turbo CTS (it had no docs, but what harm could it do?)
with no affect.  I hope someone can help me out with this problem.

<<  ----------------------------------  >>
<<  ersys!mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca  >>
<<     mforget@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca     >>
<<            Michel Forget             >>
<<     "He's dead, Jim..." - Bones      >>
<<  ----------------------------------  >>

Roger.Sheppard@actrix.gen.nz (Roger Sheppard) (07/01/91)

In article <y8DD51w164w@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca> mforget@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Michel Forget) writes:
> Does anyone know how to use the SupraModem 2400+ with Zmodem?  I have
> been able to use it fine with Ymodem-G for downloading, but there is no
> version of Ymodem-G that supports uploading.  The fastest protocol I know
> of that does support uploading is Zmodem, yet I can't make it work with
> the modem.  My modem is connected at 9600 BPS to the computer as the
> manual says it should, and I have Interlink set up to use RTS/CTS Flow
> Control.  It works fine online.  When I try to download something, I
> execute RZ 3.0 and that seems to work okay.  When I use SZ, though, I get
> superfast sending for a while and then it repositions itself to 1K
> offset.  It repeats the fast sending for a while, and then repositions
> itself to 2K offset.  It continues in this manner until I abort.  Ymodem
> uploads (from Interlink) work okay, but they are *SLOW*.  I think the
> problem has to do with no Flow Control support in Zmodem, but I get a
> smilar problem with DTerm.  I have Tos 1.4.  I also tried installing a
> program called Turbo CTS (it had no docs, but what harm could it do?)
> with no affect.  I hope someone can help me out with this problem.
>> <<  ----------------------------------  >>
> <<  ersys!mforget@nro.cs.athabascau.ca  >>
> <<     mforget@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca     >>
> <<            Michel Forget             >>
> <<     "He's dead, Jim..." - Bones      >>

Have you in installed TOS 1.4, or even better the Patched version
from atari.archive, tos14fx5.lzh.

There is a bug in tos 1.4 that will stop rts/cts flow control.
--
***  Roger W. Sheppard        *    Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz  ***
***  85 Donovan Rd          *  *   At least I don't Flicker, not     ***