[comp.sys.atari.st] Cooling an ST

azog@world.std.com (azog-thoth) (06/30/91)

Im looking for suggestions on how to cool my 520ST. I like to keep my
computers turned on 24 hours a day, but I am nervous about doing this
on my ST, as it gets real hot after a few hours (it also starts to get
that overheated electronic smell. You know what I mean, a coupla notches
below what an exploding transistor smells like :-)

Anyways. I could probably put it in a PC clone case, with modifications,
as that has more than enough room for a fan. But I dont want to do that
if I dont need to. The PC clone cases take up an awfully lot of room,
and the ST case is nice and small.

Anyone have any ideas? Id like to keep it as "bulkless" as possible...

Thanx

+---------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
| Billy D'Augustine         | Close your eyes, what do you see? Dreams in   |
| azog@world.std.com        | rhyme with reality.  -  Fates Warning         |
+---------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Cooling an ST
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari

[...]

Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Dave_Ninjajr_Flory@cup.portal.com (07/01/91)

Best Products
2021 The Alameda, Suite 290
San Jose, CA., 95126-1127
Phone 408-243-6950

Has a real little fan, that is a replacement for that in the Mega2/4 and
has a higher air flow. Its 12v, has 13" leads and 1 9/16 x 1 9/16 x 13/16.
Center to center square bolt pattern is 1 1/4 in. $12.00. Should be easy to
install if you are handy with a soldering iron, etc.

They have parts for almost any Atari product ever made, plus some stuff
 that is uniquely theirs, like the 'BEST' mouse, the 'BEST' joystick, etc.
 plus they carry parts for all the stuff they sell so it can be repaired
instead of replaced.