[comp.sys.amiga] Vaporware

kim@amdahl.UUCP (Kim DeVaughn) (11/12/86)

In article <1133@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu>, news@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Usenet netnews) writes:
>                                                     The real and serious
> problems with this product is that it is a closed ended peripheral(it does
> NOT pass the bus) and it HAS to be the first peripheral on the bus.  This
> means you can have NO other periperals on the bus, bad news.

Are you sure of this?  When I saw the demo of the Sidecar that was given
by RJ Mical to the BADGE group, this question came up.  My recollection
is that RJ said it did *not* have to be the first/only peripheral on the
expansion buss.  Of course things may have changed since then ...

/kim

--
UUCP:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ihnp4,seismo,oliveb}!amdahl!kim
DDD:   408-746-8462

[  Any thoughts or opinions which may or may not have been expressed  ]
[  herein are my own.  They are not necessarily those of my employer. ]