[comp.sys.amiga] Amigas for our Art dept.

miner@ulowell.UUCP (Richard Miner) (11/13/86)

..

Our Art department at the University of Lowell had been planing to
purchase several Amiga systems for the Computer Art, Design, and
Animation classes. They are now starting to talk about Apple IIGS
systems which as many of feel have less desirable qualities.  I can't
just hand them the Byte article and so I am making a list of advantages
and disadvantges, like all the old Apple II software.

If you have any personal views, please send them to me, DO NOT POST
REPLIES TO THE NET!!  If I feel it will benifit the the group I will
post results.  I do not want to have an Amiga - Apple war start as
a result of this.

UUCP: !wanginst!ulowell!miner    Rich Miner
ARPA: miner@ulowell.CSNET        University of Lowell, Comp Sci Dept
TALK: (617) 452-5000 x2693       Lowell MA 01854 USA
HAL hears the 9000 series is not selling. "Please explain Dave. Why
aren't HAL's selling?"  Bowman hesitates. "You aren't Amiga compatible."

spencer@well.UUCP (Randal Spencer) (11/15/86)

In article <727@ulowell.UUCP>, miner@ulowell.UUCP (Richard Miner) writes:
> ..
>
> Our Art department at the University of Lowell had been planing to
> purchase several Amiga systems for the Computer Art, Design, and
> Animation classes. They are now starting to talk about Apple IIGS
> systems which as many of feel have less desirable qualities.  I can't
> just hand them the Byte article and so I am making a list of advantages
> and disadvantges, like all the old Apple II software.
>
> If you have any personal views, please send them to me, DO NOT POST
> REPLIES TO THE NET!!  If I feel it will benifit the the group I will
> post results.  I do not want to have an Amiga - Apple war start as
> a result of this.
>

> UUCP: !wanginst!ulowell!miner    Rich Miner
> ARPA: miner@ulowell.CSNET        University of Lowell, Comp Sci Dept
> TALK: (617) 452-5000 x2693       Lowell MA 01854 USA
> HAL hears the 9000 series is not selling. "Please explain Dave. Why
> aren't HAL's selling?"  Bowman hesitates. "You aren't Amiga compatible."

Oh, no, here it comes! Better get out my "N" finger. I always hate this part.