[comp.sys.amiga] Updates

xeno@uwmacc.UUCP (John Peacock) (12/05/86)

In article <2149@well.UUCP> brent@well.UUCP (Brent Southard) writes:
>Is it still vaporware?  So far, the only company who
>has sent me any promised update information is CSI, for their Multi-Forth
>system.  The ones who haven't include Electronic Arts, Discovery, and Amiga
>(for Amiga Lattice C).  This is getting ridiculous.  I understand Aegis, a
>company with a seemingly sparkling reputation, is also guilty of the same
>promises.
>
>"They say 'so what?'
> I say 'so this.'"  - Iggy
>
>brent

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with updates.
I've only bought 2 packages so far, TDI Modula 2 and deluxe paint.

TDI has been timely, responsive, and cheap with thier updates (the last
update was 2 brand new disks, for $6.00. The next update (for 1.2) they
promise a new manual.) When I ordered my copy, I sent them an extra $5.00
bucks to rush it UPS blue, but forgot to tell them what machine I owe...
they called my long distance from Texas to find out so it wouldn't be
delayed. I can't say enough good things about these people. They are REAL
curteous and professional.

On Dpaint, I understand (this is still a runmor, but a well supported one)
EA is going to offer Dpaint2 for $30 and the cover from your Dpaint manual.
Since Dpaint2 is list $130, this seems like a very reasonable upgrade
policy.

Jeff Kesselman, posted by a friend,
please reply to ihnp4!puff!uhura!captain
(or uhura!captain, if your mailer knows about published paths)