[comp.sys.amiga] Low Cost Amiga

hutch@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Jim Hutchison) (12/09/86)

In article <4098@jhunix.UUCP> ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP (Daniel Jay Barrett) writes:
>	This would be a fantastic idea!  Commodore, you are losing
>lots of prospective student buyers to Apple, here at Hopkins.  The
>current offer is something like $1695 for a Mac Plus with Imagewriter II
>printer (can you say "below dealer cost"?)  This semester, there have been
>at least 2-3 visits from Apple representatives, showing off their
>products.
>	If Commodore was doing this with the Amiga, I'd buy one today.
>
>  -- Dan

Gee.  Now last I asked they only had 300 left, but:

	Micro Computer Services
	12864 Farmington
	Livonia MI 48150

	Phone: 1-800-433-7756

       $ 850	Amiga (reworked) with 1080 monitor
       $  80	256k memory expansion
       $ 200	external 3.5" drive
       $  50	shipping to me via UPS
       -----
       $1180	Total

Now certainly you can find a printer for $515

Even the local Byte Shop is only charging $1475 (leaving $200 for the printer)

Note: I am receiving no commission for this, and if you buy up the last 300
before they get my check, I'll I'll I'll be most severely annoyed :-).

--
=
    Jim Hutchison   		UUCP:	{dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!hutch