[net.wanted] Inexpensive Unix for PC/AT

dts@cullvax.UUCP (Daniel T Senie) (05/31/86)

A few weeks back there were several messages regarding a Unix for PCs
which sold for ~$500 including development and text processing options.
Could someone post or email me address phone and other details of the
company which is selling the package?

Thanks!

--
Daniel T. Senie                          TEL.: (617) 329-7700 x3168
Cullinet Software, Inc.                  UUCP: seismo!mit-eddie!cullvax!dts

halloran@unirot.UUCP (Bob Halloran) (06/02/86)

In article <343@cullvax.UUCP> dts@cullvax.UUCP (Daniel T Senie) writes:
>A few weeks back there were several messages regarding a Unix for PCs
>which sold for ~$500 including development and text processing options.
>Could someone post or email me address phone and other details of the
>company which is selling the package?
>
>Thanks!

The Unix in question is probably Microport's.  They were spun off from
Digital Research's efforts to do the official 'sanctioned' '286 port
of System V for Intel.  Pricing:

	Runtime - $159.95 (usual utility set)
	Development - $139.95 (C, f77, lex, yacc, SCCS)
	Text Preparation - $159.95 (n/troff, pic, eqn, tbl, spell)

	Complete Package - $389.95

Address/phone # : Microport Systems
		  10096 Soquel Dr
		  Aptos CA 95003	(408) 688-0286

(No interest in Microport, other than as a person wishing to see
 proliferation of Unix in the PC community.)
					Bob Halloran, Consultant
UUCP: topaz!caip!unirot!halloran		DDD: (201)251-7514
USPS: 19 Culver Ct, Old Bridge NJ 08857		ATTmail: RHALLORAN
Disclaimer: I speak for myself.
Quote: "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai