[comp.sys.amiga] Pro-Write

higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (12/11/86)

In article <3132@ece-csc.UUCP> mark@ece-csc.UUCP (Mark Lanzo) writes:
>...And now, a serious question:
>
>   Has anybody out there actually SEEN this "ProWriter" program I've
>seen advertised?
>
>   If so, how did it look?
>
>   -- Mark --

I think it's called Pro-Write, not Writer, but anyway - I have seen
the program demonstrated at the World of Commodore show last (Dec 4-7).

The demonstrator announced that the program had a number of bugs at this
stage and quite a few features were not implemented or incomplete.

He also announced the program would probably not be available until March
(1987 I presume).

The program was impressive, it does indeed allow multiple fonts, colored
text even (which doesn't seem that useful to me), on screen headers and
footers, in a WYSIWYG package.  It was SLLLOOOOWWWWW though, in scrolling,
screen updates, TYPING even.  I am TRYING to be objective although its not
that easy since I am writing a word processor also and am aware of the
problems they're running into.

Overall, it looks promising, although quite a way from release.

	Paul.

Disclaimer: I work for myself, and my opinions are my own.