[comp.sys.amiga] About 1.2 update policy?

drew@cgfsv1.dec.com.UUCP (12/11/86)

In regards to the 1.2 package which includes Workbench/Kickstart
and the Extra's Disk. My dealer here in town seems to be a while
getting the official packages although a while back let us copy the
released Kick/Workbench (33.46). They finally got a few packages in and
sold them all instantly. So I ask to copy the 3 disks and live without
the manual until I can buy them later. He said, NO, commodore (here in
Canada) told him you have to buy them and to only give out 1.2 kickstart
and that 1.2 workbench and extras disk was to be bought.
Now, I thought I read a while back a note from some one at CBM that
they were not making anymoney on the updates only covering the cost of
the floppies and paper. So whats the real scoop Commodore is my dealer
correct?
Can you tell us the official policy, please!

Some how $15 u.s. turned out to be $30 cdn not that I would'nt by
it for that (if they had some to sell).

Buy the way the last couple of packages he did get in were version
33.47. Whats the difference between .46 and .47?

Any info appreciated

Steve.

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (12/11/86)

In article <6866@decwrl.DEC.COM> drew@cgfsv1.dec.com (Steve Drew) writes:

>In regards to the 1.2 package which includes Workbench/Kickstart
>and the Extra's Disk.

>Buy the way the last couple of packages he did get in were version
>33.47. Whats the difference between .46 and .47?

33.46 was also known as a Gamma release for developers.  33.47 is the
official number of the 1.2 Workbench release.  The differences between
33.46 and 33.47 were fairly minor...one keymap had 2 characters moved,
and the printer.device was taught not to wrap colors from the previous
line in HAM mode when the first column of the line contains a modify,
rather than a real color.  Instead it assumes a modify off the border color.

				andy finkel

--

			andy finkel
			Commodore/Amiga

"Never make anything simple and efficient when it can be complex and wonderful."